Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hit it on the numbers..........Kinda Long

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Stomper, Nov 28, 2004.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Mar 4, 2004
    Constantly rang through my head today along with my ears. Yoou know puting an all spring lift kit on couldn't have been more difficult today if we had tried. A friend of a fellow member on here wanted to lift his truck. So he bought the lift and I sold him the 35's off of mine and so we all met this morning and did it today. We started with the front only to realize his brakes were totally shot. Luckily I just swapped to a 3/4 ton front so I hooked him up with my pads and rotors off my old axle. So that was done and we started to take off the stock arm and that is where it began. All day beating it on THE FREAKING NUMBERS and didn't even budge. Like it was laughing at us " HAHA You can't get me off," said the steering arm. So we put a little heat on it and same thing. Next not to mention the rear spring bolts had seized due to they have been on there for 20 years, so out comes the sawzall and the grinder. After a few hours on each one thhey are freed and new ones put on. Well in my final attempt to free the arm I missed and took out a new stainless steel brake line. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So off of my truck one comes. Seems right I missed and broke it so pulled it of of my rig for now. Man today was one of those days. A 4 hour job turned into an all day experience. But hey I found a SOLUTION TO THE STEERING ARM..............REPLACE THE KNUCKLE. Or take an oxy/acetelene torch to it but opting for the first one. Well kiddies until next time I am signing off and hitting the bed for the night.