Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hit jones creek sunday evening (larch mountain area)

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chubbybob, Oct 5, 2004.

1. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

a group of friends went to browns camp sunday but I couldnt make the trip because I havent finished the hitch on my camper to tow my rig /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    so a couple of other friends and I drove up to jones creek to find some mud to play in /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

well its better than I remember from a couple of years ago.
    we got to pull each other out a couple of times on some of the newer roads that are open now.

not sure if any of you used to wheel up there many years ago but there was a bad ass trail called mud alley that was one of the best mud roads around but they closed it about 9 years ago and there was no way to get in because they fell tons of trees for about 50 yards so no one could ever get back in.

well I found a new road that has been made and it takes you right to the begining of the first mud hole /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    I was to chicken to go in with the group I had because there was no one else that could have followed me and made it. so it would have been to much work that late at night.

a couple of us are going to take our 4x4 quads up this weekend and scout the whole trail and see if its doable anyone want to go ?

oh by the way there hasnt been anyone through the trail at all they have all turned around at the first mud hole so it should be real interesting /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

i might be anble to go /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif if ya don't mind a bike /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I'd go If I had a quad or something. As it is, I'd have to drive my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. I'm still up for it though if you think a full size rig can make it through /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i might be anble to go /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif if ya don't mind a bike /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be fine there are a couple of other friends going with bikes. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd go If I had a quad or something. As it is, I'd have to drive my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. I'm still up for it though if you think a full size rig can make it through /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well the only reason I didnt try it last sunday is because I remember how bad it used to be. and I would need someone there with atleast a rig my size just incase I got in trouble in one of the holes and my own winch couldnt get me out.
    a fullsize can easily fit on the trail but im not sure just yet of how deep the holes are.
    they used to be huge.

I should have more info later this week about a run.

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    well the only reason I didnt try it last sunday is because I remember how bad it used to be. and I would need someone there with atleast a rig my size just incase I got in trouble in one of the holes and my own winch couldnt get me out.
    a fullsize can easily fit on the trail but im not sure just yet of how deep the holes are.
    they used to be huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Maybe I should wait till I get my new Iroks /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Since grundy99 got me the killer hook up on 14BFF, I'll be going 8 lug w/ 5.13's and 39.5's as soon as possible. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Keep us posted on the info though! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    they used to be huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Maybe I should wait till I get my new Iroks /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Since grundy99 got me the killer hook up on 14BFF, I'll be going 8 lug w/ 5.13's and 39.5's as soon as possible. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Keep us posted on the info though! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I will.
    if this trail is doable it will be real good for us washington guys because its only 15 minutes from orchards and is fun ass hell.

it just started raining outside so that should ad a little more fun for this weekend.

I will start a new post this weekend to let you know how it looks. or if anyone is interested in going or just walking the trail to scout it out let me know.

8. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

ahhh...jones creek in WASHINGTON...ya really gotta specify, since there is one in TSF too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I was thinkin, mud holes? in jones creek...I camp there all the time and only know of one that actually is a giant concrete bowl full of mallaria mud and pond scum /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

ok..he had me thinking they were down the road from browns in the tsf also i'm like oohh a fresh mud hole.well orchards is'nt that far i might still make it when are ya'll going?

10. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ok..he had me thinking they were down the road from browns in the tsf also i'm like oohh a fresh mud hole.well orchards is'nt that far i might still make it when are ya'll going?

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure yet depends on work saturday ?
    if I have to work it will be sunday sometime.

11. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

Hey Bob can I ride with you? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You missed a great day in the crushers sunday. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

12. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey Bob can I ride with you? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You missed a great day in the crushers sunday. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

let me know if you get the 400 fixed.
    I talked to brian and he said that his mom will be in town tommarow and the baby should be here by monday so he probably wont be making it.