Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hmm any Cali folks have any input??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uao85, Mar 26, 2007.

1. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Hey fellas, me and the gf have been coming up with things to do when we go to So Cal to visit her family and see her brother graduate and on another note I had an awesome idea for something I would like to do while out there. There is an armless guitar player on youtube>>
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdUW4hZyKPw

His name is Mark Goffeney and is apparently from around the San Diego area and quite often plays at Balboa Park according to this and a few other vids I have seen, and wanted to know if any locals knew of him. My plan is to just head to San Diego and ask around and find him and take him out to lunch and shoot the **** with him and hopefully drop a little cash his way. BTW I also love Tom Petty and he does an amazing job.

Remington

2. Big Blzn

Big Blzn 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Have not heard of him but other than to find him, Balboa Park is nothing special at all. I live in Orange County, about an hour north of SD and if you are looking for something to do let me know and I could probly tell you of some cool things to see and do. Where are you going to be (city) and what are your interest? Let me know if I can help.

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

You can find him in Balboa almost every Sat and Sun across from the Coy pond or what ever it is by the aviarium. If museums are your thing Balboa has some good ones. They have a Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit in the Natural History Museum and they have an IMAX in the science museum. Other than that there is an Aerospace museum and an automotive museum that are OK but nothing too special.

San Diego is kinda touristy, there is Midway Magic if you wanna tour the ex-USS Midway (WWII aircraft carrier that also served in Desert Storm '91). There is also the Zoo and wild animal park as well as Seaworld. The weather is kinda crappy right now gray and cool almost all day long.

As for up Orange County/LA/Riverside area I am not sure and will let the SOCAL guys chime in. I still can not figure out what San Diego County is if not SOCAL. Maybe it is NORMEX:doah: .

Ira

4. Big Blzn

In many ways SoCal has become NorMex. Anyway, If you like to drink and go to good bars and have fun at night have your brother take you out to the downtown area called the Gas Lamp District. Next to the stadium where the Padres play. Good fun for sure.

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

X2 on that:D . Depending on when you are coming out here you might be able to catch a Padres came.

Ira

6. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Good stuff! NORMEX :haha:

7. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

yeah my gf grew up in Orange, Ca. and moved here about 3 years ago. Her and her brother both arent 21 yet though(her bro is graduating high school) so no drinking this time...for them.:wink1:
    Sandawg thanks for the info, cant wait, and big blzn thanks for the offer, will definitely take you up on it. We should be coming to Orange the second week of June and staying for two weeks so we have a little time to get around and see the attractions. And I will definitely have to pm everyone around socal for some numbers before we come so we can all meet up and have a ck5 get together or hang out for an afternoon or something. Although the gf usually quotes the phrase "little mexico".

Remington

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

TJ!!!!!! 'nuff said:D

John

9. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Waste of time:rolleyes:

Ira

10. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

I live in San Clemente which is not that far from San Diego. I am just on the other side of Camp Pendleton Marine Base. Send me a PM and i will give you my number.

Jeff

11. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

oh by the way if we can meet up i will be wearing my AGGIE gear.... GIG'EM

12. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Way back (15 years) that was THE place. Times change:dunno:

John

13. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Ya I will give you that. Even 5 or 6 years ago it was the place but now it is just corruption and crime. Nothing good can really come of going down to TJ. If you are going into Mexico go all the way down to Ensenada or Rosarito.

Ira

14. Big Blzn

A&M??? Oh no, not one of them. GO POKES!:D :saweet:

15. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Yeah, great seafood!

16. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

My cousin and his friends just headed down to tj for a day and he got arrested without money, they sent him to a prison in mexico city where his parents had to pick him up and pay like 50 dollars in bail. Its just as scary in rosarito if you ask me. When we went to ensenada for a few days last summer like a dozen cars got stolen out of the parking lot at our hotel.

17. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

DUDEEEEEEEEE I live in Orange, Ca and there is the 2nd anual CK5 bbq June 10th here! You are going to come... right? If not, just let me know when you are out, I'll take you out in project torque to the local offroad park. Looking forward to meetin you and your g/f

18. Big Blzn

Branndon, What's the deal with the CK5 BBQ? Is it a private function or is it open, potluck type? Are you able to give out any details. It'd be nice to meet other members of CK5. Let all of us in So Cal know.:D

19. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Uh check here.

I swear what would you noobs do with out helping hands like me:haha: :haha::D

Ira

20. Big Blzn

Still be lazy:D