Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hmm.. fuel tank being weird...??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82K5_6.5L, Jun 6, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

ok well i was out on my favorite trail the other day (Reddington Pass, good trail) everything was going good, had a friend get out and spot me over some big rocks, still doing good..then he goes to get back in and says "dude ur leaking something"... those arent good words to hear on the trail 50 miles away from home! so i get out and look at it.. its diesel, somehow some fuel leaked a little.. now what i am thinking is that before i hit the trail i filled her up and it was full, so could it maybe be the overflow valve just spitting some out cuz of all the bouncing and going up/down? cuz i wiped off where it was dripping and checked it every few minutes and nothing leaked.. i put it in the garage to see if anything happened and its fine.. y would it do this? im pretty sure my gas (yes i said gas even though its a diesel) tank is fine, but it kinda scared me a little..

2. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

I had a couple big drops off my tank right after I fueled up. Still not 100% sure but I think the hose clamp from the filler neck was/is loose. It hasn't done that except on a full tank. I suspose in a not perfect world the top of the tank could have a hole. I'll find out for sure after the tank gets replaced (no skid plate + previous owner hit a rock = crack in tank(drip...drip...).