Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hmm, installing 60 this week..to use my zero rate or not also other??s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Jan 9, 2004.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I have the zero rate on the 6 inch bds springs already, but I am considering moving the axel forward and wondering if it is worth it. I have a body lift and currently dont hit the cab. Also I have my cross over here, and my main concern is that the zero rate will affect my cross over set up?

are my concerns valid? what would ya do?

also this means I would have to raise the rear /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

but I just had my 57 inch springs delivered /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif and I assume my rear will be lower now? I currently have a echo bit shackle flip and 2 inch sky jacker springs back there /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I may wait untill I have a better sollution or if I find some 63's /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

also located some 52's for the front..again "last set turned out to be 56 inch spings" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif but that is another story and I'm done with it. ebay is overrated /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Just getting tired of messing around with springs all the time, not to mention multiple centering pins I keep replacing. Any one else go through them alot?

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

ttt /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I installed a set of zero rates on my 60.. moved the axle forward 1 inch.. look's great.. it should keep the tires out of the rear inner fender well .. and I do have to add a set of zero rates to the rear because the front sits a little higher..

But it's definately worth it..

Plus.. I added extended front shackles from ORD, Rear 2.5 inch shackle flip and over sized rear spring perches.. so you might not need to add more height in the rear.. just try it and see how it looks..
    Hope this helps..
    Pics are on my webshots page.. under 89 1 ton.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/ctr_83k5blazer