Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hmmm... FI for 454, which one...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Jan 20, 2003.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I have been shopping around for different fuel injection systems for my BBC that I am building. The engine is out of a 1992 K3500 so it is a TBI motor and I have all that stuff for it...But I want a little more. The motor is pretty hot and I question the ability of the TBI to feed the motor as needed... I know Shawn has the Holley Comander MPFI for the Potent Rodent, but that is also a $2400 fuel injection system...what other alternatives are out there for a little less green? I would like to do the Holley kit, but is is just too much for me right now...

Chris

2. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

If you upgrade I'd buy that TBI from you provided the ECU can be seperated from the rest of your '92.

After recently looking at Holley TBI systems I found the Commander 950 which runs about 12-1400. They say that system is good to 500-550hp and completely tunable using a laptop.

andy

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Thats the one that I have and it rocks.

4. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Ya might want to pm KRAZIE87K5. He just bought a fi system for his. I can't remember who it was from, but sounded like a good price with good support. I'm sure if he see's this he will chime in.

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">What I would do is get a hi-rise intake and have it machined to accept injectors, then control it with an Accel DFI ECM. It uses all GM sensors and is fully user-programable. I remember seeing it in Jeg's with the wiring harness for about a grand. http://www.mrgasket.com/accelpdf/ACCELfuelinjection.pdf

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If costs are not a factor, I'd go for the new Electronic RamJet Fuel Injection system. [​IMG]

7. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Cheaper way to go is Perfect Power. www.perfectpower.com I've seen it work and it's a great system for the price ($250). Thats just the computer but all you need is the other FI stuff which isn't that hard to find.