Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hmmm jcwhitney is just so cheap though....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bryguy00b, Oct 12, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

there prices seam to be considerably cheaper than lmc on floor panals..but i have also heard of them not fitting good? whats all your take on it? any of you order the floor panals from them befor? i need the driver and passanger floor panals..that the seats sit on..and also foot weels that go up farther near the gas/brake padels.. the rest i could probobly fab up my self..and the rear section i want to get from GM parts direct.com

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

If you want a good fit go with LMC /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif! I've tried both, JC Whitney is good for if your gonna get rid of the thing quick and don't care how it looks as long as it's repaired. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    Bill

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

why, are there panals to small or something? jcwhitney charges like 40 bucks for the floor panal and LMC is more like 80!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

im not worried about looks really i just dont want any more gaping wholes in my floor..i just want some good solid sheet medal under me!

5. meatloafK5

meatloafK5 Registered Member

I have used only JC whitney panels so far and they worked just fine. I did a portion of the floor on both sides as well as both rocker panels. They fit fine. Some people like to have all GM parts on their trucks, but as long as its functional for what I need it for and looks decent. I will be happy with it.

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i dont care if they are cheapo repros...if it does the job good..and isnt as expensive as going to gm..which is crazy prices..its fine! i think im going to take a chance and trythem cuase on a 16 year olds budget i cant afford to get ot fancy ya know! lol..and i got an 84 as well! what part of the floors did you do? ill have some pics in my webshots asap of what i need to...i need to do the rear floor including tailpan...and most of the cab floors..my rockers arent really rotted..just surface rust..im not much of a fabricater so its better for me to just have something to put right in! does jcwhitney sell the cab floor all the way back to wear it arches up to the cargo area?

7. meatloafK5

meatloafK5 Registered Member

I only did a small width(approx 6" in) on the floor on both sides(but whole lenght approx 26")right as you step inside/next to the rockers. I ended up riveting a good amount of it, but also welded it just in case, for added strenght. I also had to fabricate a "patch" to cover a gaping hole in the floor right about where the passangers feet go. I have not had any problems with the JC whitney stuff, yet.

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i need new rockers, and both sides of the floor right up to the edge of the tranny tunnal, the center of the floors there is all good, but on both sides its all sh!t! i need the whole rear cargo area, and the sides were the seat belts bolts to. some of this stuff ill make up myself, i also want to clean up the frame and core supports to...so i got some work ahead of me! like i said if i dont have it done by the time i get my lisence ill probobly go out and buy me a little $500 s-10 or something to get around with untill i finish it! lol

9. testosterone

testosterone Registered Member

Ive never used JC Whitney because Ive been afraid of product quality. When it comes to my truck I dont mind spending more to get a quality item. I ordered weather stripping for my top from LMC and was more than happy with the product. Figures though, all the love and money I put into my truck, she still never runs right...go figure /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i would probobly be the same way..but i am 16 with a part time minumum wage job, and a blazer that is rusted like crazy, i just want to get the floors squared away to were they are nice and solid and do the job, and clean up the frame and get the rust of, then ill be happy! lol..and my blazer isnt running yet either so..lol..but getting very close!

11. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i got jcwhiney front to back floor, t-gate, doors, and rockers. i swapped to pu tailgate so if ya want a t-gate for your blazer let me know. everything else is good to go. for some reason though my carpet hold down trim wont fit the new rockers /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. if ya use their stuff id undercoat the hell out of everything a.s.a.p. btw, check everything either at the store or before the delivery dude leaves (to ensure no shipping damage).also be for-warned, the new metal is sharp as hell !!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif other than that , best wishes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

do they sell the whole floor peice..like the peice that dips upward to the cargo area all the way up to the footwell? or in seperate peices rather...

13. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

honestly i dont recall and i dont have a catalog handy. but it seemed like everything was in sections.

14. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well..i think im going to go with a custom floor for my truck anyway, but for the rear..although i have been toying with the idea of cutting a floor from a pickup bed, i mean heck its the same thing, and i could use a truck tailgate for the back, or i could just use a regular tailpan for a blazer and cut floors from a pickup bed..at my age cheap is good! lol.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

I recently replaced my driver side floor with an LMC panel. It was pretty flimsy. I shutter to think about anything thinner. It was really thin and a real pain to weld the thin metal to the questionable, rusty metal that was left. I think you should get some heavy sheet metal and go to town with the welder. That is what I'm going to do to the passenger side. "Thicker is Better"

16. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea thats what i plan to do...something about 2 times as think as what came on it!! lol..speacially around the seat belt moutning area..if you havnt checked that yet on yours i suggest you do cause this seems to go on all of them!