Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hmmm... Suspension Options...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Oct 22, 2001.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

OK... I got money and no idea what to do... the vehicle in mind is a 78 3/4 / 1-ton chevy 4x4 of course... with a flatbed on the way in soon.... Built 350/ th350/NP203...
    I want to do either a 6 or 8 inch lift... to fit 38's...

6 inch --->
    I want to do the shackle flip in the rear... so there's four inches...
    I know I need a spring upfront... dah... will I need a degree shimm.... in the front that is...
    and just a 2 inch block in the rear???

8 inch----->
    8 inch spring in the front... dah...
    4 inch flip in the rear...
    and a 4 inch block or a 4 inch spring????

I know I need brake lines...

What about steering... what will i need...

I'm gonna run the RS9000's so I can adjust th eride and ditch the sway bar...

Ideas???

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Whatever you decide, keep in mind that if you go with the 8" lift, you will DEFINITELY need new/longer driveshafts. [​IMG]

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

3. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

yeah i had that driveline problem on my 78 k5... didnt like the jump i took and I found out it was too short...

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I would go with a 6 inch lift and cut the fenders or do a body lift to gain more tire clearance if necesarry. 8" just sounds like one major hassle up front trying to have any drivability at all without cutting and turning and/or a crossover steering setup.

A 6" spring up front and the flip w/ whatever spring to make it level or sit how you want it. Maybe a 4" spring? I dunno, I have been debating what spring to put in back of my truck which currently has blocks [​IMG]. In terms of steering I have a 2" drop pitman arm and a 4" raised steering arn and it rides pretty good. I also believe Skyjacker has a 6" steering arm available or you could use a 2" block on the knuckle. I have heard lots of varying comments on the drop draglinks so I stayed away from them, but some people like em. I have pro comp extended brakelines and they are great so far.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>