Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hmmm

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5freak44, Jul 21, 2004.

1. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

the funding for my k5 has dwendled to a mere 230 dollars. School is starting up soon so i wont be able to work as much. The reason i mention this is i was looking for valuables that i could sell on ebay for some mo money. All i found was a trombone that my dads friend gave me 5 years ago to play for school. The trombone wasant playable when i got it and i cared for it and have stored it for all this time.. yada yada yada. My question is... is there any law that makes this mine after posessing this trombone for so long. Is it still legally his? The reason i ask if such a law or rule exhists, is because my parents like to follow the rules.
    The guy who i got if from i think picked it up at an acution for me, really cheap. He hasant mentioned it since he gave it to me. I know he wouldent mind if i sold it because he has PLENTY of money, but my parents wont let me ditch it.

Anyone know anything that might help. If not i think i might offer to give it back. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Musical instruments are worht jack on the used market FYI

I got $225 for a $1400 sax..... stupid band class

3. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

its still something. pshh my paychecks are less then 255.
    money dont just fly at 16yr olds

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Heyyy! My paychecks are around $350 and I just got cut hours! WAHHHH! WAHHHH!

Go find a sporatic side job like me, there's always work to be done.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

My question is... How in the heck did you get a 91 K5 with all the cool stuff at the ripe age of 16 getting $500ish a month?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I made about that much when I was 16, and I got my 79 K5 through a complete act of BS that happened to go my way /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

i learend to save. well my parent actually bought my k5 for me when i was 15. it had a tc lift on it and alot of rust. i ditced the 33s it had on it and went with 36" iroks and new wheels($750 about 2 months of saveing). i got my headers and my dules done after saving a whole summer. ($1250 /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif for cats mufflers, pipes and headers.) besides some minor tune ups and nerf bars, thats all ive done. Im currently paying off 4wp for some ball joints $638 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and then i will get a welder and fix my rusty floors. Right now i have the body stripped out to nothing but seats. And the dash. Im saving for a lincol 135.

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

You need to spend your money more wisely. That's a shitload for exhaust

8. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

yea but i live in the land of tough inspections and cops around every corner. plano. where the pavement never ends. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

1250 for exhaust and 638 for balljoints! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif That's insane!

BTW - get a job....

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i learend to save.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that explains it... All I learned was how to spend /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i learend to save.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that explains it... All I learned was how to spend

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not good at saving cash... I always end up spending it on other parts rigs and stuff. I call my spending "re-investing". /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Can you just ask the guy if you can keep the trombone? Then if he says you can keep it, he releases his interest in it then it must be yours, and therefore you can sell it.