Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hmmmm.. good deal or no?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Jun 27, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

i was just flipping through autotrader and came across what looks like an awesome deal! guy is selling a corp. 12bolt and dana 44 for only $250 bucks! now i dont know whats all in them or anything, but IF everything is ok with them, do u think that could be a good deal? also can i swap out my corp. 10 bolt up front for the 44? or is that a bad idea??? so many questions!! well i called the guy and left a message, so i'll keep u updated! oh, if all goes good, do u think i could swap the 12 out back to get rid of the 10 bolt? i want to go 6" and 36's, so i think it might be a little better.. nothing major! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Depends on how, or if you wheel. Just running around the mall, then go with the best gears.

If you intend to lock and run rocks hard, then you might as well hold out for some more beef.

I like the D44 better than a 10 bolt. A locked 14 and open D44 is the route I am taking....

3. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

well i dont do to much hardcore stuff... just the usual trails around here, but is the 44 stronger than the 10 bolt? cuz the other day when that thing snapped, it dissapointed me and wished i had something better... anyways? still havent heard from that guy yet

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Sure its a good deal, if you want those axles.