Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hmmmm Interesting Truck 4ws, rockwells just add 44's...Current bid $100

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grim-Reaper, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hmmmm Interesting Truck 4ws, rockwells just add 44\'s...Current bid $100

Uhhh doubt this truck has been over 45mph since it was built /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Might want to bring a trailer cause My bet is it is geared so low that at redline in OD it might do 50mph. It's in UT.
    https://www.gsaauctions.gov/jsp/trader/common/Mainframeset.jsp?CID=4968 https://www.gsaauctions.gov/jsp/trader/common/Mainframeset.jsp?CID=4968
    You WA guys might want to take a look too. 92 2500 5speed with 70k on it. Last bid was $1450. Let me read between the lines on this truck for you. FUEL INJECTED V8, NV4500 with the super low granny, 14 BOLT (might be a SF), 241 case (driverside drop).
    https://www.gsaauctions.gov/jsp/trader/common/Mainframeset.jsp?CID=4968 https://www.gsaauctions.gov/jsp/trader/common/Mainframeset.jsp?CID=4968 Lots of other stuff in the area including a APACHE camper last bid was $200 I think.
    Ohh just noticed that web site played a little link trick on me. here is a Picture of the truck.
    [​IMG]

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Re: Hmmmm Interesting Truck 4ws, rockwells just add 44\'s...Current bid $100

I saw that and was wondering if those were Rockwells. Are you sure? I don't know them well enough to be absolutely sure when all I can see is the hub. If they are, that would be too sweet for a few hundred. I've got a trailer. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I thought the 3/4 tons got the Getrag 5 speed like the 1/2 tons did and the one tons got the NV4500?

Rene

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Those big hubs protruding out look like those planetary gear hubs like the monster trucks use.

But they look like smaller planetary hubs than the larger ones on the monsters.

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

HMMMM Twiz is in UT. Hey Eric how bout storing a truck for me till I can pick it up. LOL! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Or...have him go check it out and take some more pics of stuff like the axles, frame, springs, etc. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

LOL! Unless he could mail it to me a bolt at a time I could never get it. TOOOOO far for me.

8. Grim-Reaper

I don't know what those axles are but with those hubs I feel pretty safe saying it's beyond D60 strong. It looks like that thing was being used as a Tug at an airport. It's set up to move masive amount of weight. Probably looking at Gear ratio between 7-10:1 If it still has a 208 your probably up to something like 150-200: finnal drive before torq converter multiplication. With that much axle it wouldn't surprise me to see a Heavy truck monster transfer case in that.

9. BadDog

<drool> /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Wish I was close enough to take a look...

10. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I love that high clearance rock crawler front bumper, would look real spiffy on the UAV. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Grim-Reaper

Keeps the Bumper hight laws in check /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Actully I think that's balast that doubles as a bumper. Keeps the truck from flipping backwards. I bet that bumper weights about 1,000 lb.

12. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

I just happent to be about 30 mi from there and am going to go look at the truck tomorrow night. I want it for Rock Buggy stuff.

Dave Cowley

88 Jimmy 1 ton locked on 36's

13. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Grim is correct. It looks like a airplane tug. Top speed is about 15mph. I looked at one a few months ago that a church was using as a plow truck. It should have Rockwells. They actually used a 2wd frame to build them.

14. BadDog

Yeah, I noticed that the VIN indicated 2WD, but figured, "so what" since it is obviously modified. Wish it were in AZ...