Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

hoax

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fatboy, Jul 11, 2003.

1. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

well what do you think. Is there anyone with one of these things call a filter magnet? Sounds good but I am not a sucker well not a large one anyway /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif check it out here http://www.filtermag.com/ let me know please /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. cjblais

cjblais Registered Member

I've seen people running things like that before. I guess it couldn't hurt, but I change my oil every 300 miles ahd keep my engine running like a top. I sure hope there isn't any metal floating around in my oil, never seen any during changes. I say its not really needed and if you really want one just pick up some good magnets and make one. Especially cause they want 60$$ /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif for magnets.

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

My theory is pretty simple, if the particles are big enough to float around, they shoulda been captured by the filter to begin with. Could it hurt? Probably not.Though it could acutally begin to magnetically charge some of the parts of the engine/hoses connected, which would then make the metal particles not want to go to the filter. Depends on how strong the field is.