Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hobart info

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by BLZN4FN, Apr 9, 2007.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

What do you all think about Hobart welders? I know they are the Miller's cheap brother. I'm thinking about buying the Hobart 180 welds 5/16 in a single pass I think it should be more than enough to weld bumpers and fab up some more tube to the roll cage ect..

Let me know what you think

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I bought a Hobart 180 recently. Love it. Had a minor issue with a silinoid on mine but. Dad and I figured it out and it was just a fluke deal.

We have a Hobart 175(I think the 180 replaced it) at work. I weld all kinds of stuff with that sucker everyday. Its never acted up once on me. Its goin on two years of use from me. And however many other years it was down at the other shop.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got a brand new 2007 Hobart Champion 10,000 portable unit in the back of my service truck. I love the thing, the Kohler twin runs very smooth for it's size and it has plenty of output.

I chose Hobart because I liked the colors that went well with my service truck, it is indeed made by Miller and is basically a base model Miller, and it's cheaper. I didn't need the tig and Mig extra stuff on my portable, just plenty of DC stick welding and A/C 110/220 output.

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Its basically a rebadged miller with one difference

the windings are aluminum instead of the millers copper.

everything else is basically the same

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Hobart is good stuff. Marv Springer has built most of his buggies & other stuff with a Miller 175. He bought it off a guy I work with that did some sweet stuff on his Jeep with it. Hobart = good.

Harley

6. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

I've heard some good things about Hobart's customer service. I bought my Hobart 180 last summer because of the customer service reputation and Miller association. I've had problems with the wire feed hanging. I called Hobart, 5 minutes later I'm told that the liner is probably bad and they are shipping a new one out.

Hobart customer service is far better than I ever expected. :bow::bow::bow:

7. BlazerBud

BlazerBud 1/2 ton status

Hobart is very good. Tractor supply has the best prices. I used to use a Lincoln ranger 8 gas powered but sold it, now I only have a thermodyne inverter tig/stick 85 amp, and I also have a Hobart Handler 140 mig, I knew an old Weldor who used Hobart machines.