Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Hold My Beer and Watch This" stories???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rigdonhome, Jul 26, 2003.

1. rigdonhome

rigdonhome 1/2 ton status

\"Hold My Beer and Watch This\" stories???

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I know you ALL have one, and I want to hear it. I'll get things rolling: /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I had an '84 4x4 V8 S10 Blazer that I drove like an escaped mental patient (who quit taking his medication)... A couple of buddies and I ate at the local pizza hut when I lived up in Wisconsin. It was in the middle of (the 8 months of...) winter and I was parked in front of a snowbank that was probably 4 feet tall. I had been bashing through snowpiles earlier in the day, so I backed up as far as I could, put it in 4x4, and told my buddies, "Hey watch this guys!" /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I had planned to plow right through the pile of snow, go over the curb, and out onto the street, leaving a huge hole in the snowbank... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif However, the snobank had apparently been there most of the winter, because it was hard as a rock. I hit wide open and never lifted. Instead of going through it, I went straight up and over it, and had to clear at least a couple feet of air as I went over the top of the 4 foot snowbank. The snow cleared from my view just in time to see that I was going to nose-down hard on the left front tire, halfway out into the street. I started laughing maniacally before we hit the ground, and kept it to the floor. I barely got it stopped in time for the stop sign at the corner. I was still laughing so hard I thought I was going to wet myself. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I finally turned to see the astonished looks on my buddies' faces... They apparently thought I intended to do that instead of going through a nice soft snowpile. And I laughed even harder. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I wrinkled up the front of the truck, but not as bad as you'd think for as hard as we hit. Just sheetmetal, no frame or suspension damage. Pushed the driver's fender back into the door, and tweaked the whole front clip just enough that I had to readjust the hood to get it to open and shut right. Problem solved. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I have a million of'em. Let's hear YOURS...

Sal

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

Re: \"Hold My Beer and Watch This\" stories???

Dude ya cant - shouldnt start off a thread like this with such a kick az story :-)
    mabe something like i drove threw a puddle and splased these people walking on the sid walk then a dare to top that story
    i used 2 live in Wis also now i know how was knocking all the snow banks out /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    buit seriusly heres mine (also a wis. story ) i think your is better but these people still pooped there britches iam sure :-) lol
    so iam headed home from school on my usuall route this little hiway (E ) about 75mph in my 68 camaro there is a car parked on each side of the road from a ways off looked like plenty of room so no worrys and no traffic i move to the center of the raod and maintain my speed about 20 yards away i freek couse i relize i ant gonna fit between these 2 cars
    that wanna B.S. with each outher apon meeting on the hiway
    so i lock it up and thank god didnt go sidways or loose it as i skidded between these cars in a billow of white smoke fully locked up at 20 mph and missing them only by inches on each side
    while after i mabde it threw i looked in rear view in disbeilf only to see them looking at me the same way U know that HOLY [I love Jeeps] LOOK /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    well i gased it and went on home to change my undies to
    on a good note i never seen those 2 cars parked on the side of the road B.S,ing ever again. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Why do snow banks make you try to do stupid things to your vehicle? I was in a McDonalds parking lot last year driving a couple girls around after a party, when I noticed a huge snow bank just sitting there taunting me to climb it. Well, thinking I'm all bada$$ in front of these girls, I ask if they want to try and climb it in the truck... they say yes /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif so I put it in 4-hi (big mistake) creeped up to the pile-o-snow and punched it. I made it to the top of Mt.Everest then I got high centered as my front tires sunk down the other side. We ended up staying there for about 3 hours while I shoveled the entire front half ot the blazer out. Not as cool as your stories by any means, but there's a lesson to be learned when driving in the snow... If you think you can do it... you probably shouldn't! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    so i lock it up and thank god didnt go sidways or loose it as i skidded between these cars in a billow of white smoke fully locked up at 20 mph and missing them only by inches on each side

[/ QUOTE ]

I did something like that a few years ago in the K5. But it involved a closing gate and I didn't lift or hit the brakes, just kept hammered down.....

5. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I dont drink beer.. but I used to chase people that did..
    I was on a traffic stop one night in West Hollywood California. It was a 5.0 mustang I stopped for speeding.. I was driving one of the small version 5.0 H.O. LTD's (junk)
    anyway I had this feeling that he would run as soon as I got out fo my car so I never got out I just slammed my door like I had... and poof off he went think I was standing outside my car when actually I had my foot on the gas pedal...
    We had a 20 mile pursuit (at 5pm on christmas eve in the middle of crowded west L.A) At one point we drove down sidewalks for blocks and blocks... just like starskey and hutch
    I finally decided (not within policy) that I had enough of this idiot so when he came up to a large intersection and had to slow down I rammed him thinking he would crash.. all it did was propel him across the intersection like a rocket ship...
    the pursuit lasted another ten minutes when he crashed going through a red light taking out a telphone pole... the mustang was totalled and looked like the beer can he had been drinking.. he was dumb enough to run... I used to be in good shape.. bad move for him...
    after introducing him to mr Kel lite /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif his night of fun was over...
    he also got charged with hitting my policecar and a number of other vehicles... my LTD was so crapped out and the brakes were gone it had to be flatbedded to the shop...
    He drank the beer .. not me.. Beer... no thanks makes people do stupid things
    cam /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

My turn:

There is a 200 acre resevour near here that they drain every fall and everybody goes out there to drive through the fresh endless mud. through the act of draining and filling up over the years, a channel has formed on one end that winds its way though some islands untill it gets wider and blends in with the bottom. They drain it down over the course of a few weeks so you can go out and play and go farther and farther as the water goes down. We'll we were out there on Saturday playing around and it began to get dark. The water we were in was abour 4" deep with some mud under it. You could see the channel which was about 8 feet deep and maybe 20 feet wide out there and you stayed away from it. The local kids started to show up in the evening to party and one Truck headed out into the water, Thought it looked good and floored it. He was doing good untill he hit the channel. the truck floated for a bit in the current, turned around and then sank slowly. they had to swim back to the bank with everybody just dying from laughing. One of us went and pulled it out. the driver had to dive down to hook up the tow chain. the headlights on hte truck stayed on the whole time so it made an interesting sight. I ussually take my video camera but I had forgotten to this time.

7. rigdonhome

********Disclaimer********

They don't HAVE to be drinking stories. I know we're all perfectly capable of doing stupid things without the supreme guidance of alcohol. Please drink and drive responsibly (but not at the same time...) Batteries not included. Your results may vary.

OK, I've got another one to keep things rolling. (Did I mention I have a Million Of'em???)

My buddy and I (please don't hate him, he was misguided and had a Mustang... Pretty Hot Ride though and a Sharp Looker) were at a party and took these two girls for a ride. Just met them. We stumbled onto a local cruise spot.

All these kids were hanging out in a K-Mart parking lot with their cars and just standing around talking and waving at the Hot Rides that were cruising. So, it wasn't enough to just get on it and do a burnout in front of K-Mart. Oh, Noooo... Darryll (yes, his name was Darryll...) pulls into the parking lot, drives all the way to the back real slow where the building is, turns to go along the front of the building, and gives it Holy Hell. We were watching the kids wave and cheer us on and all of a sudden they sorta stopped yelling and just stood there like they didn't know what to do. We just figured they'd never seen anyting so fast before. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Just about that time, the girls (in the back... dur, um...) started screaming. Darryll and I looked at each other, then straight ahead to see that we were headed straight for a concrete wall about 12 feet tall. It was a landscaping bunker between K-Mart and the next store that was higher up on the hill. For some reason it didn't occur to Darryll to slam on the brakes. (Lots of obvious things didn't occur to Darryll at critical times...) So, my race-car buddy just keeps it to the wood, cranks the wheel, and slides sideways to within about a foot of the concrete wall. Tires smoking and screeching, and the chicks in the back screaming their lungs out... He keeps it to the floor the entire time and goes flying back up to the front where all the kids are standing and swerves around wildly, then does a major redneck wild sliding exit out of the drive and we scream off into the night. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

All the kids and GearHeads were jumping up and down and waving and I am certain that they had never seen such a display of supreme driving skill. Darryll and I were sure that we were going to die. Another laugh in the face of the Grim Reaper. We laughed all the way back to the party, where of course we told the story over and over all night. (You may have guessed the girls that were with us left the party as soon as we got back and we never saw them again...) /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Sal

8. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Well kinda stupid, prolly where i screwed my 350 (get my 496 from machine shop next weekend ) Anyway. Few days after snow so was really wet and muddy in our usual spot. Friend is with me and we are alone, looked at the first hole, and told him to get a stick and see how deep it is. It looks worse than usual. Anyway, hes takin too dang long, he cant find a stick and hes off to the right in this swampy area, i give a tug on his door and make sure he shut it all the way, jerk the t-case back into 4-hi(or so i think /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) tap the horn to get him to look and slam it to the floor. Well i get in the hole and instead of going all the way through it kinda stops, but stupid me keeps the foot on the floor. Speedo says 55 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Anyway, i stop, put it in R...back up a foot or two.........stops again /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Back to D.......get on it....goes forward maybe 5 feet........stop /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif(getting rather anxious at this point) stick it in R, only goes back a foot.....back to D.....nose goes straight up into the air (aka i cant see anything but tree tops and sky. stops..........stick in R........cant go back.......back to D and just hammer it prayin i get out notice speedo sayin 60 this time........it gets out and i stop..........friend says amazing.......then i look down................i think im gonna be sick when i notice its in 4L /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now im dealing with a knocking, oil leakin, burning, smokin, dyin 350 probably from this idiocy........tip of the day.........check where your t-case lever is.......

9. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey I bet you can't make it through that lake.......
    [​IMG]

Just kidding...

Now this was one of those hey since you got stuck in the lake yesterday I bet you won't try and go through that marshy area /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif OK I'll try "hold my beer and watch this" Wife says NO you have had too much beer....I'll drive /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif So we get in and I direct her to the mudhole....doing pretty good so I tell her to stop...then nail it (throw a little roost for the crowd) This is the end result.
    [​IMG]

Yeah what is withthe snowbank thing?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I have some of those stories too, but I had pics of this one sooo.
    SEE SIG... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. rigdonhome

11. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

They don't HAVE to be drinking stories. I know we're all perfectly capable of doing stupid things without the supreme guidance of alcohol. Please drink and drive responsibly (but not at the same time...) Batteries not included. Your results may vary.

OK, I've got another one to keep things rolling. (Did I mention I have a Million Of'em???)

My buddy and I (please don't hate him, he was misguided and had a Mustang... Pretty Hot Ride though and a Sharp Looker) were at a party and took these two girls for a ride. Just met them. We stumbled onto a local cruise spot.

All these kids were hanging out in a K-Mart parking lot with their cars and just standing around talking and waving at the Hot Rides that were cruising. So, it wasn't enough to just get on it and do a burnout in front of K-Mart. Oh, Noooo... Darryll (yes, his name was Darryll...) pulls into the parking lot, drives all the way to the back real slow where the building is, turns to go along the front of the building, and gives it Holy Hell. We were watching the kids wave and cheer us on and all of a sudden they sorta stopped yelling and just stood there like they didn't know what to do. We just figured they'd never seen anyting so fast before. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Just about that time, the girls (in the back... dur, um...) started screaming. Darryll and I looked at each other, then straight ahead to see that we were headed straight for a concrete wall about 12 feet tall. It was a landscaping bunker between K-Mart and the next store that was higher up on the hill. For some reason it didn't occur to Darryll to slam on the brakes. (Lots of obvious things didn't occur to Darryll at critical times...) So, my race-car buddy just keeps it to the wood, cranks the wheel, and slides sideways to within about a foot of the concrete wall. Tires smoking and screeching, and the chicks in the back screaming their lungs out... He keeps it to the floor the entire time and goes flying back up to the front where all the kids are standing and swerves around wildly, then does a major redneck wild sliding exit out of the drive and we scream off into the night. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

All the kids and GearHeads were jumping up and down and waving and I am certain that they had never seen such a display of supreme driving skill. Darryll and I were sure that we were going to die. Another laugh in the face of the Grim Reaper. We laughed all the way back to the party, where of course we told the story over and over all night. (You may have guessed the girls that were with us left the party as soon as we got back and we never saw them again...) /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Sal

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    oh [I love Jeeps] that is funny. LMAO /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. rigdonhome

C'Mon, I know Y'All have more stories than that!!!

Here's another from my vast archives...

I had a moment of weakness back in my younger days and built a Ford... I know, I know, but I was young and experimenting... And also somebody gave me a really sweet stripped-down (No power nothin', bench seat, and a gas gage...) '84 Ranger pickup that had a trashed 4-banger in it. So of course I figured Free Truck + 351 Windsor = Cheap, Fast Ride... Right? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

So my buddy (Darryll Again) lived in this big house down the street from where we went to college. Since I had to drive in anyway, I would pick him up and we'd ride to class together. I would go down the alley behind his house because the streets around campus were always thick with traffic. I could drive from his house to the campus parking lot using only alleys.

So on the way there one evening, the steering makes this funny popping noise every once in a while, and I can feel it in the steering when it makes the noise. When I pulled into the alley behind Darryll's house, he got in and I told him about the new popping noise. In his infinite wisdom, he said, "Well did you get on it real hard to see if it gets worse?" Hmmm. Why didn't *I* think of that??? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

So I tear into it all the way down the alley behind his house. It's a real narrow alley with buildings and power poles on each side, and we had about two blocks to let it eat before I had to lift to make our turn into another alley. I was just about to lift when we hit a pothole, the steering made a massive POP noise, and the truck started to drift right. I steered left, but the steering wheel just spun freely and the truck continued right. Later investigation of the wreckage showed that the shaft actually twisted off inside the steering box. WTF??? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Luckily I didn't even have to use the brakes, because the Mother of All Utility poles jumped out and stopped us. Hit it head-on with the passenger side of the front end. We were going so fast that the back of the truck came off the ground, spun a quarter turn, and dropped in the alley sideways. The wrecker had to lift it up and spin it around to get it out of the alley without hitting the building behind it. The frame bent from the impact between the cab and bed, leaving the rear bumper dogtracking about 8 inches out.

That pole must have had like 4 transformers and 50 power lines on it. It was HUGE, but the impact splintered it pretty bad. It didn't fall because it had so many lines pulling it in all directions. You could have probably cut 3 feet out of it with a chainsaw without dropping it. When the power company showed up to inspect it, the guy looked up and down it, looked around at all the wires connected to it, shook his head, and just stood there for a minute. Then he came back to the police car and said, "Pole looks good to me." It was obviously busted, but I guess it wasn't in any danger of falling, so hey I didn't argue. The cop asked me how fast I was going, and I was so pissed at myself for wrecking my new ride that I said, "I don't actually know, but it was obviously too damn fast." He apparently felt bad for me, but he said that since such a huge crowd had gathered he had to give me a ticket for something... so he said, "I'm giving you a ticket for 'too fast for conditions', but there is a strong chance I won't be able to make this court date. If I don't show up for it, they'll dismiss it. I strongly urge you to show up and see if I make it in that day." I showed up, he didn't, and they dropped the ticket. But I still had a mangled truck. I ended up parting it out for more than I had invested in it, but dang... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Darryll's roommates were used to hearing me get on it all the way down the alley, but this time they heard the crash and said it sounded like thunder. They all came running and when they saw the wreck they were sure we were dead. The pole came to rest about where the passenger front wheel used to be, and the passenger front wheel was compacted up into the cab's firewall. Being immortal, Darryll and I walked away without a scratch. He bruised his right knee if I remember right. He talked funny for a while though.

I only had that truck running for like 6 weeks before I wrapped it around that pole. Bummer. I got Darryll back though... Next is the 'Them U-Bolts Look Fine to Me...' story... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

i kinda got one, this is "my bro trashed my bike" story.
    i had a 2 year old ('96) suzuki rf600, kida heavy for the motor but still dang fast. well i let my younger brother ride it because im one of those sharing people, he rode it as much as i did, im at work he rides it, im staying home, he rides it.... anyways, one day i find out he trashed it, he says its not that bad, i get to the shop where it was towed to and the thing got the froks pushed in, half the plastic in pieces or missing, and the rear tire is off to the side by about 6 inches and firmly attached, he called it not bad. so i say whats the story, and his bud that saw the whole thing says he took off hard from his place, must of hit an oil pach because the thing started fish tailing vilantly, by the time my bro got it back under control he was headed straight for a parked car, planted the front tire in the front tire wheel well and the bike stopped on the dime, my bro goes flying about 6 feet in the air, does a flip mid air, lands on his back and goes sliding inches from a tree. once he comes to a stop some yards later he gets up, walks to the bike and pickes it up with one hand, like it was a bicycle (go adrenolin rush).
    oh yeah did i mention, he was trying to show off in front of some girls (pop a wheele).

my revange story later. (involved his TA)

14. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif he he, I like Daryll. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

one of my many stories involves my three wheeler. a 86 honda 250r, back when we still raced moto-cross my cousin bought a new ktm 250 dirt bike. it was fast but after a half day of riding i decided to race him in a long flat field. well i had about 10 feet on him when i saw a little hill, so i thought to my self not only will i beat him but i'll have a little grand finnally at the end. when i realized that little hill was a refrigerater laying on it's side i didn't even get to cuss.the next thing i saw was the chain and rear sprocket, then dirt,then the front tire,then dirt, then the paramedics.i bent my frame and cracked my helmet in 3 places. IDIOT but i won /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif oh, my name is daryl /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. boggerless

i just thought of one that involves my brother. two years ago my dad bought him a 85 blazer,got him new 35's everything he wanted. we were on my dad's property drinking,muddin, jumping hills,etc. my buddy jihn had a 86 f-250 with 40's and just kept jumping this big hill trashing his truck. so my brother goes out to show off to his girlfriend, staring at her to make sure shes looking and drives right in front of john. BLAM taco shells his truck right in front of my dad. i was peeing myself . DUMB ASSthe passenger door was in the middle off the truck and it sprung the drivers door. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

17. boggerless

i just remembered, when i was younger we used to rent cars just to wreck them.get that $9.00 a day insurance on the car and have at it.by the time we were 3 miles away the rear brakes would be gone from yanking up the parking brake to stop. we would always go sideways from that . people at the light would look at us like we were crazy.we would also take the cars out in the woods and go down trails at 60+ miles an hour, side swiping trees and stuff. the last time we rented one each and stopped at burger king ,the drive through, my friend was behind me, as i went to grab the food he rear ended me. the girl looked scared, i got out and picked up my food.when chris got to the window i put mine in reverse and smashed his grill and headlights out. DAMN I MISS THOSE DAYS. there is nothing like taking a car with 82 miles on it and totalling it. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

here is one ivolving a 00 TA,
    my younger bro got his license suspended for "something" for half a year, and he bought the TA (while the license was suspended, love burocracy), in any case he couldn't wait to drive it and it can't just sit there collecting dust so we go for a cruze, and this semi riced acura cl pulls up at a light. so we start out of the light and the acura goes beeeeeem!! beeeeeemmm pop, and my bro says dude, so im like dude, and he goes duuuuuude, so im fine dude (not like i wasn't itching) so i go 4th to 2nd and stmop it, the thing kiks sideways a little and goes! done with second pop it to 3rd, the cl got destoryed and im still on it with this grin on my face. i got into tripple digits as i approached a pelethon, so im like slalom (after some slow down, not much but some) and this lady in a cavalier changes lanes, can't blame her, never would expect anyone come this fast myself. well here comes slow mow (adrenoline enduced), i slam on the brakes work the shifter and this thing goes sideways (alarm goes off, abs? where did abs go?) so i let it up not to spin out, as soon as it wips straight im on the brakes again and it goes sideways the other way so i cut the wheel the other way and i see this guy in a dakota going the same direction i am except hes in front of my hood with these /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif looking at me, and i pass him, i get off the brake again, whips back straight and slam on them again, the fricken thing goes in the direction it went in the first time, so im doin 50-60 sideways and not ehough room to let off the brakes again, so im tail gaiting this cavalier with the right front fender and going "shoud i stay? or should i go?" (i was gonna bail onto a median, except people sometimes make turns off of those and i didn't know if there was anyone there) in any case i held on to it and got off of her butt and got it straight, not a scratch, just a lot more BLACK pavement. drove it home (5 min) and got the shakes. its been two years since THE ride and my bro let me drive it once since. well at least i didn't trash his ride like he did mine. lol. later he told me that the lady in the cavalier hit the brakes when she noticed me on her butt, i didn't even see the lights, now what tha frick would pozess anyone to hit the brakes when they are about to be rear ended? that got me steaming for a day, but hey, its not like one can assume that peple can make decisions while driving (i like it when they say when there is a problem just slow down, its always slow down, i would sattle for ignore by now).

yes i know it was totally stupid to pull that kind of stunt on a road like that, and i havent done anything remotely nuts since.

19. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    there is nothing like taking a car with 82 miles on it and totalling it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Just remember that your right to EVER complain about high insurance rates has been permanently revoked... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

20. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school

I hit a road construction worker with my 90 z71 about a year ago. I was turning left through some construction in my truck, obeying all the rules, when halfway through my turn a little construction worker comes jogging into the road without looking. I wasn't going fast, so I slammed the brakes and the dude freaked out (I'll never forget the look on the face of that 5'5" mexican) and jumped into the air. As the front nose of my truck lurched to a stop he kinda landed on it and was thrown to the ground. This caused a scene in the construction site and about 6 of the workers surrounded my truck. They all then proceded to try and open my doors (the drivers door was unlocked) and then try and pull me out of the truck (seat belt on... safe there). While this was happening one of them hit the back window of the truck with a shovel and I said enough is enough gave the truck a few revs and was outta there. After all was said and done I was given the option to press charges and get the fines associated with hitting a construction worker... or I could do nothing and they would do nothing (thats what I did... the window was miracously not broken so all was well).

Wierdest lunch break ever....