Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hole in Bellhousing?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by getsome, Sep 12, 2000.

1. getsome

getsome 1/2 ton status

My Jimmy has a leak comming from the rear main and it's getting bad, so I got under it the other day just to confirm this and saw oil just poring out of this little hole in the bottom of the bellhousing just to the left of the support. It's not a crack or made from a rock, just looks like a hole was drilled in the bottom. Is this normal on the 700r4 trans? Any ideas?

Getsome

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Is it a small hole in the Tourque Converter cover/inpection cover? Everyone of these that I have seen do have a small hole drilled in them..

If that is where it is at, most have them.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I always thought the hole was there for that exact reason. otherwise if the rear main, or the tranny seal was to leak it might just fill up inside the inspection cover. Just a thought. It is normal, but you rear main seal is shot.. good luck

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

4. getsome

getsome 1/2 ton status

I talked to my girlfriend about this and she seems to believe that it filling up the inspection cover is better then "all that oil on the driveway". This would be a great time to get that other engine to the machine shop.

Getsome

5. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

no prob I got your problems solved.. Just get a small coffee can or a soup can and duct tape it under the hole. Should take a while to fill that can up, plus it is removable so you can empty it... This was just a joke, please dont try this at home. Possible injury or death may occur. lol

BlazerBoy
    http://generalblueballs.coloradok5.com

6. getsome

getsome 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about tapping the hole then running a line up to the breather to recycle the oil but I decided not to because i'd loose ground clearance:)

Getsome