Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holiday Party

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTBLAZER89, Nov 29, 2005.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

All the recent PC talk in here lately got me thinking about this today. Is anybody else having a "holiday" party instead of a Christmas party? Thats what we are calling it this year at my work. Don't wanna hurt anybodies feelings ya know :rolleyes: The new touchy cuddly military :crazy:

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah... I had to check, I think I automatically call it the christmas party...but it's the holiday party.
    My upper management is 90% Jewish, though, so I'm not terribly surprised.

3. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

My company calls it a "Holiday Party" too :surepal: :dunno:
    It's okay though. The word holiday is based on the English words "holy" and "day" :wink1:

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

How do you know what holiday you are having a party in honor of? For instance December 25 is . . . .

25- Dick Tracy's Wedding Day 1950
    25- Nativity Scene Birthday 1225
    25- National Pumpkin Pie Day
    25- Christmas
    25- Hanukkah Begins at Sundown

I have been advocating the use of this calander or this calender for a while now.

5. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

My wifes company is having a Holiday party in ....January!!! I think they are to cheap to rent a place in December.

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I hate the fact that I have to change my life to accomodate someone else. Have you seen Lowes selling holiday trees? Everyone is b!**hing about words. They are words people. Deal with it. If my work has a party, I don't care what they call it. It's their choice. Just don't tell me that I have to call my party a (insert lame a$$ PC term here) party.
    To the people who want to remove "God" from our money and Pledge. To the people having meetings to boycot stores for the "words" that hurt their little feelings. To all the wusses in the world. Get over it. I don't care if your limp wristed candy a$$ is offended. The world doesn't revolve around you. I want to take your "inner child" out behind the shed for a little time out of my own. If your parents would have whooped that a$$, when you were a kid, you would be a stronger, better, member of society today.

7. cbbr

Actually I think that the world does, in fact, revolve around me.

Also, you are hurting my feelings. I can't stand the fact that you want me to say "Merry Christmas" when we alll know that its National Pumpkin Pie Day. Repeat after me - Sweet National Pumpkin Pie Day.....

:D

8. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

It's still a Christmas party where I work, the RSVP sheet was posted yesterday.

:D

9. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

It's a Christmas party where I work at.

10. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

The Air Force has been calling it a "Holiday Party" for years now. I think it's a load of crap too. I think that everyone should be able to call it whatever they want. I'll say Christmas party, let someone else call it a "holiday party". :D :D

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Maybe you should sit under a "logic" tree for a few minutes........:confused: :surepal:

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

In God We trust..

I get lots of forwarded E-mails concerning the "God" in our money,Supreme Court ,etc..one said a lady was shocked when being sworn in as a jurror,the court clerk said "Do you swear to tell the truth??....long pause.. "Well? - DO YOU??--she said "what happened to "So Help You God"??...I guess they dropped that part of the oath!.. :eek1:

These E-mails all say its only 14% of all the people polled who want "God" off of our money,and out of our constitution!..so why are the other 86% allowing themselves to be told what should be in our constitution if the "majority" rules??..I think the 86% should tell them to sit down and STFU!.. :haha: :haha: Our country was founded under God--it should remain that way.. :mad:

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

HELLLLL NO! We have a CHRISTMAS party every year, and at the beginning and end there is a prayer... On the overhead music system, there is very religious-themed Christmas music playing...

Don't like Christmas at the place I work, it sucks to be you :haha:

And yes, there are folks who aren't Christian who work at this place, not to mention the customers... Believe it or not, I've never heard a complaint about the music. I've heard a lot of compliments, though...

14. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I'm not a fan of religion, but I don't give a rat's ass about In God We Trust, Christmas music, or anything else, SO LONG as it's not pushed on me. Respect my beliefs, I'll respect yours. Is that unfair?

15. bigtread

bigtread Registered Member

As long as there is alcohol and some hot chicks, who cares what they call it!
    Enjoy life is to short.

16. cbbr

It's too fair. If everyone took your approach, what would we fight about and what would "special interest" type of prople do for a living.