Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holister Carnige

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Welp just got home from holister...(about 11pm saturday)...here is the list of broken parts from the time i left from holister:

Frizzlefry Broken Axle front long side D44 (on the mini rubicon)
    Matt (i dont know the screen name) Broken axle long side D44 (crawling up the wall in the obstical course)
    Chaz88k5 1 toasted tranny...it was slippin while i was there but i made it back while towing my friends truck...took me about 5 miles to get up to 55...most of the time i couldent get over 45

Chris's Bronco Bent tie rod
    Junkyardcrawler Tire poped off the bead

but i had a great time...only thing that was dissapointing was the amount of people that showed up compaired to the amount that signed up.....i think the last count when i rolled out of there was 15...out of 54?? that signed up.

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

ONLY 15 PEOPLE OT OF 54???? That sucks! Oh well I'm sure everyone is having a good time anyways. Cant wait to here everyones reports and see some pics! Sorry to here about your tranny man.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Matt did way more today... it's darn pretty now with the dents, broken topper window, broken tail lights, scrapes, busted u joints and whole axle the now moves totally forward when you move the steering wheel....

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Chaz...wasn't that tranny like 2 days old?

Maybe time to go 4 speed...[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Even though you guys broke some parts it sounds like you had a blast.

<font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

It was the same tranny... he had it power flushed and they put it back and said it was good to go... guess not though huh?! [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

comin home my tanny was killin me...when i was goin down 5 i had it floored and i toped out at 45 mph...goin up hill out of holister i was doin maybe 15....at most 20...it was not a fun ride home

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

8. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Axle moves forward while turning the steering wheel? I had that happen last year at this time, I sheered off a spring bolts(one that hold the leaves together in the center of the spring pack).. That was not fun driving it home!

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

9. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Matt's (babyblue) axle moved front to back (insed of steering) because of a bent leaf spring.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

10. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

10-4. When mine swas steering like that, I sheered a center pin for the spring and then the shim broke. The shim fell out and the spring moved forward and backward when the wheel was turned. Talk about a driving experience!

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>