Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley 2D TBI on a 454?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Sandman, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I have pulled out my 400sb and am almost done with the 454 install. I have been using the Holley 2D system with no problems but I am unsure if it can support the larger engine. I do have a line on a new (buyer changed his mind) 4Di system for $500. They are normally around $1300. Has anybody run the older system on a big block with good luck? Should I just put on the bigger one? Thanks.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

CODave73Jimmy runs this setup. His motor is built for low end torque and boy does it get it low.. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

He had it on a chassis dyno and it peaked at 1800 rpm w/ over 500 ft-lb of torque.... But I think it runs out of poop over 4k.. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Marv

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

2 baerell systems will give you more low end tq then a 4 barrell system. If you want a high revving motor then go with the 4di setup.

Dan

4. red66scout

red66scout Registered Member

Man, the holley 2d is only good for up to 250-300 horse. I would not recommend using the 2d on the big block. I have the 2d on a 283 sbc, it works good for me, but on a big block, i am not sure.

If you do use the 2D make sure you flip the dip switch in the back to the big block setting.