Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley 2d unit?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by juanblzer, Mar 12, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Sandman is selling a holley f.i. setup. Most of you guys know my current setup. (350qjet) Will it work? There are pics of it in the for sale area.
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Where's the post you're talking about, I didn't see it.

3. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

doh, i think he deleted it already
    hey i'm in chat now

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Juan,

I think I saw the post.... I have a neighbor who's removing an older Holley 2bbl injection system from his Early Bronco. It's not the "programmable" kind, and it has this "box" mounted inside with like 4 or 5 dials. Anyway, he's always f'ing w/it - and he got tired of it so he decided to go GM.

He'd prolly be willing to sell it, but I'm not sure if it's more trouble than it's worth! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Marv

5. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

hey marv, it's not brown & kinda flat fendered is it?

if so, yea, it was running really bad when he dropped it off... I told my buddy to offer him $25 for the old system. I could use some spare parts for mine (I may run it on something again someday)

6. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

so is it a pos? I don't want to do fuel injection more than once. I just want to do it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Get the factory GM, you won't regret it. The open loop systems will be too much trouble to keep "right".

8. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I'd agree to do it right the first time, a factory GM setup is far superior to anything aftermarket unless you are running a wildly modified engine that needs special considerations. The kits I've seen installed from both Howell & Turbo city are very nice kits, but they are more expensive. From what I've seen however, you put them on, & once you get the wiring done, & everything bolted down, you'll run for years without having to touch a thing. When I had my pro-jection on my truck, every time I made a signifigant change in altitude, I'd have to screw with it a while to get it to run right. I did buy the closed loop kit for my pro-jection, but never installed it. I havn't used the FI in almost 3 years now, just havn't had a good reason to put it back on.
    Anyway, I'd go with the factory setup over the aftermarket without a second thought if it was in the budget.

9. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Yup thats it!...
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Marv

10. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

It has the optional closed loop setup on it

11. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

hahaha, too funny Marv... but then again, I'm good very friends with the biggest early Bronco guy in town, so I guess it's not...

12. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I can't say then Juan... I never installed my closed loop kit, acutally ordered it after I took the ProJection off, & still havn't built the new engine that was supposed to go together 2 years ago that I was going to put the injection back on (oops.) I'm still betting the factory style setups would be 10 times better performance wise, & much more reliable than any aftermarket type setup.

13. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

ya I am looking into this as well or a used tbi set up, I can't find one though /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think it has some thing to do with the fact that I need one for a big block /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif