Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley 600

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Redfrog, May 17, 2001.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I have A Holley 600 In my K-5 and well its junk, I think
    I got a lemon. It came with a electric choke the previous
    owner got mad at it and put on a manual. (that was not
    holley) when I bought it I got mad at the junk manual he put
    on and bought a new electric choke from holley. and I have been driving with out since its time to get it fixed to see if I can
    fix the other problem I have, I have a lot of black s**t along
    with quite a bit of water blowing out of my pipes (bad enough
    to shoot it all over little ricers and make their hoods have a black tint HEHEHE) It does not seem to do it as bad when I been driving for about a hour but it is still there its bad enough
    I have little black spots all over the back of my K-5 I leaned the carb out quite a bit but it did not help could it be from the choke not working? any Ideas?

HEY Fords!!! how many flushes does it
    take to get rid of you

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds to me like you are burning coolant fwiw.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You didn't get a lemon. Thats the way Holleys are susposed to run. I would replace the whole carb with a Quadra jet. You'll have a lot fewer problems.
    Many extensive scientific studys have been done on Holleys and Blazers and have concluded that even putting a Holley sticker on a K5 can make it run bad.
    But if you just want to fix the carb it sounds like the power valve is blown out. All it takes is one backfire through the carb and its wasted. The power valve dumps more gas through the carb when you are under hard acceleration. When they go bad they dump all that extra gas in all the time.Makes your engine run way rich and bad gas milage.
    You can buy the power valve at most any auto parts store that carries Holley junk.

4. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I agree, maybe I will put a eldebrock sticker on and see
    If it will confuse it into working.. :)

HEY Fords!!! how many flushes does it
    take to get rid of you