Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

holley 670 tbi

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by coreyd, Oct 6, 2004.

1. coreyd

coreyd Registered Member

Has anyone replaced there old 350 tbi for the holley 670 cfm tbi, and if so how do you like the performance. I was looking at this or the edelbrock efi conversion but the money is the biggest item, edelbrock $950.00 vs holley $350.00.

2. coreyd

coreyd Registered Member

has anyone thought about this or have an opinion, anything would help. Getting ready to redo my whole rig.

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I havent replace a TBI with TBI but I have used the Pro-Jection TBI on my 1972 Blazer... it kicked so much ass I cant even express it.

I would still be running it if I didnt need the $$ so bad.

4. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

What are you planning on putting it on? I dont think I would put the holley 670 on a stock 350. The reason why is because my stroker seems to do just perfect with the 670. Might be alittle much with the stock 350, Ill definitely tell you this, going from a stock tbi to the holley on my 383 made the damn thing run like a raped ape. I couldnt beliveve the difference a tbi and stong fuel pump did for my motor.

5. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

I put a 670 on my stock 88 and it didn't make a bit of difference UNTIL I started playing around with my computer chip. Then holy smokes, whdda difference! Holley uses a Delphi injector wich flows MUCH more than the stock injectors, and no, they are NOT compatable. Because of thier greater fuel flow, the 670 will make your engine run very rich until you shorten the base pulse width and adjust the air fuel mixture. Then of course you can add a bit of advance into the timing curve to take advantage of the increased air and fuel flow. I've been working with Brian over at tbichips.com and we've got mine pretty close except for a very rich cold start problem. I *should* take a little advance out of mine, but I'm planning on re-gearing this winter, so for now I'm gonna leave it in. But anyway, Brian has a bin that should get you real close (if yours is stock) excpet for that blasted cold start problem.

My next step will be to order the prominator /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (a way cool way to tune your chip without pulling, erasing, reprograming and reinstalling your chip) and refining my chip's programing.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Hey wingnutt. Got a link to that prominator? Sounds interesting.

7. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

8. jimmy88

jimmy88 1/2 ton status

What fuel pressure are you running with the Holley? I have a 670 on 350 in a 88 burb. Tried cranking the fuel pressure down to lean it out some. Sounds like the chip is the better way to go.

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the link. That looks like fun to play around with.
    May have to order one also.

10. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

Almost forgot, you will need a tuning software package also, Tunerpro has a freeware version that I'm plying with right now. It's just a basic package, but it will give you something to explore the editable features inside of your chip.