Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley 750 DP Gas Problems NEED HELP!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blopez, Nov 18, 2006.

1. blopez

blopez Registered Member

I have a 750 Double Pumper Holley and I think my problem is with it. The trucks starts right up and runs strong for about 60 secs and then starts to choke and strugle and evetualy stops running. I can keep her running if i stay on the peddal a little. After stoppage I remove airfilter and lots of gas in carberator and some on top of intake manifold. I am pretty new to carberator service; is there some adjustment i need to make, I messed with the adjustments on a prior trouble shoot (turned out to be un related to Carb) and my not have gotten them back to normal but I am not sure if that is it either. Any sugestions or advive would be greatly appreciated.

-B

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Since you're seeing fuel everywhere it may be that the float is either stuck or adjusted too high. There are site plugs on each bowl on the linkage side. Remove these plugs and see if fuel pours out, ideally it's like a diff where you should be able to remove the plug and see fuel right at the bottom of the hole.

If the level is too high, first I'd try tapping lightly on the bowls with a hammer (this may jar loose a stuck float) and then restart to see if the problem persists. If the problem remains try readjusting the float(s) lower while running (if possible) until the fuel is barely dribbling out the site hole.