Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley carb ID?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gravdigr, Apr 10, 2004.

1. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Is there an easy way to ID an unknown carb? I got an 86 blazer and it has a holley carb (I know because the side of the carb has holley written on it). Is there a way to ID exactly what it is? It has 2 fuel feed lines going to the bowls so I'm guessing it's a double pumper but that is a guess since I know nothing about holley carbs. The Blazer has a 305 in it and I think the Holley is too big. I was thinking of hitting the salvage yard and snagging a quadrajet to rebuild, I'm too poor for TBI /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

There will be a number stamped on the choke horn. You can then go to holley.com and look it up and see what size it is.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds like a 4150.

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

2 fuel feed lines does not mean a double pumper
    2 accelerator pumps means it is a double pumper
    the 4150 comment is in regards to the model of the carb
    4150 means a typical holley that has 2 metering blocks
    if it has a primary metering block and no secondary metering block then it is a model 4160

as mentioned above get the list number from the choke horn and look it up HERE at Holley's website

it isnt a good offroad carb as there is nothing that can be done to make it climb without flooding out