Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley carb identification

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cybrfire, Dec 15, 2003.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Having a little trouble identifying this carb that I've had for a while. Well that is to say I know what number it is but that is all I know. R84010 is stamped in the ususal holley location. Does anybody have a link to a sight for holley sizes and models. Can't find anything on the holley sight about it and I'm sure its old. Oh yeah, I know you don't like holley's but they are still good for some applications. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea id kinda like to know about that to..ive got a holley that i took of my truck a while ago and dont know what size.model it is either..

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like Holley carbs. I've found thaqt most people who don't like them either (1.) Can't turn them propperly. (2.) You got to admitt they are not the best carb for off camber, but they do have a new carb designed for off road (The truck avenger) but most off roaders won't try it becouse of Holley's bad rep. for stalling off camber. ...... I would think your carb is a 4010 modle, but that's just a guess.

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

You have a 600cfm Model #4010. That carb is one of the kind that has the polished aluminum body, black hardware and no gaskets below fuel level. I used to have a #4011 650cfm DP Spreadbore. They are pretty good carbs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Beast, that is what I was wanting to know the CFM rating. Thanks. I was figuring it was a 4010. Nice looking carb but that doesn't mean much. Polished and dual feeds.