Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

holley carb update

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wraenking, Sep 21, 2004.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

ok, i put the vaccum advance hose to the right spot on the carb, and she idles (ok) without stalling. i still dont have the balls i should be getting out of this motor. am i looking at air/fuel mixture settings now? rejet?

thanks

tom

2. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

hope i helped, Let me know how it works out /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

i will joe. i called shore motor sports, and he told me to start with a 70, then go to a 72. does that make sense? he also said that i should get the primiary going first.

id like your opinion though

thanks

tom

4. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

Well lets put it this way, on that camaro i was telling you about, it would only ping under heavy load( foot to the floor from a dead stop and when it got in to third gear it would start ). On that vehical i upped the primary jets 5 Drill sizes and the secondary jets 10 drill sizes to cure the problem. SO the way you explained it to me ,your getting it to ping just by power braking it. That is a much leaner condition. I would start with the 72s in the primary and do the 92s i the secondairys at the same time . Then retime it and see what you got .you may even need more than that. If you do the 70s 1st you will just have to take it apart again to do the 72s /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif.Now the jet sizes i am giving you are based on the 68 primary and 89 secondary sizes you gave me. when you take it apart check the #s and make sure that they are what the book says so that we dont over jet it.

Later, Joe

5. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

will do . thanks joe