Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

holley carb???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86blazin4x4, Nov 5, 2000.

1. 86blazin4x4

86blazin4x4 Registered Member

i have a HOLLEY 3310/750cfm...well when i was wheeling the other day, everytime i went up a steep climb it died or flooded on me. I heard that there is a fix for this by connecting the vents on top of the carb. Anyone know what i am talking about and how to do this

2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I know Holley made some kits to extend the vents to different areas of the float bowls. Think they were just plastic tubes.

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Smitty is right, check Jegs and Summit.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I tried all that stuff on the Holley I had. I finally got it fixed though. I sold the Holley to someone else and went out and bought the Edelbrock (Carter style), problems solved. Its never flooded on me since.[​IMG][​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I had the same problem as rusty. The off road slosh kits helped a little. But it still flooded some at extreme angles. I fixed my problem by getting a newer K5, with TBI.
    Also I think the orginal equipment Q jet is a much better carb than a holley or carter for four wheeling. I'v had both brands on many different trucks and had many problems with holley and carter in hard off road use. Mostly flooding and stalling when I need power the most to get out of a bad spot. The Q jet always worked at any angle. Except upside down, but thats a little extreme.

6. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Just use 3/8 fuel line to extend vents, check size to make sure.