Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

holley fuel injection

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scubbasteve, Dec 18, 2003.

1. scubbasteve

scubbasteve Registered Member

anybody put a holley 950 injection on anything, 482 Chevy, full roller, capabile of close to 700 ponies? with pump gas? is there good driveability with this?

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

A 700 HP motor and driveability are two words that probably will never go together. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    As a rule of thumb... 1 hp per ci leaves a motor with the same reliability as a stock motor. Anything more than that with a N/A motor means your sacrificing somthing, be it vacuum, idle, etc etc.

So, build a 540 stroker motor with 550hp and 700ft-lbs of torque and call it a day. Or get a merlin 630?ci.

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Original Quote:
    [ QUOTE ]
    A 700 HP motor and driveability are two words that probably will never go together. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

More likely quote:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Holley injection and driveability are two words that probably will never go together. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

5. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Tyr these guys http://www.fuelairspark.com/
    The fast dfi is the hot ticket for the fast efi cars. Very tuneable and streetable from what I have been told.

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

As an experiment I'm considering driving a stock 350 TBI set-up with a MegaSquirt computer. ~$250 for computer & software is appealing.
    First I need some Vortec heads to raise the comp ratio (from seemingly 7:1) and match the TBI intake.......

7. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    anybody put a holley 950 injection on anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I've learned this the hard way..... you can search the world over - and find nobody who talks good about Holley FI.

Nevertheless, I took the Holley challenge.... Many times, if you can use the parts that everybody is throwing away - and just figg'r out what the problem is... then you're in the groove!.. I expected to do this w/ the Holley.

I bought a 700 cfm, 4bbl, Programmable 950 system. Have not been able to get it to run.... period. Gonna send it back to Holley w/ a nasty letter...

To get it running, I bought a used 2d system. I've been suprisingly pleased w/ it. My BB wants to suck it inside out over 4000 rpm tho.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Point is.... you've fallen in a hole. Who makes an GOOD fi system for a hi-output BBC? The only ones I know of for sure are Edelbrock ($2400) and Accel ($3400). /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Maybe I should've said: who makes an "affordable" system for a hi-output BBC....

When you find out... Please tell me!

Marv

8. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

ENDERLE /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I'm Running the Holley 900 CFM Pro-Jection on my BB. Took some time to set up the fuel map but its getting real close now. I also ran the 700 CFM version but you could tell that upper rpm's were somewhat thin.

It seems to drive fine for me.

10. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Marv, Have you considered trying the MegaSquirt computer ? You can use everything Holley already in place and just replace the computer. Visit the site linked above & download the FREE tuning program. I've got it on this laptop. As soon as the computer is built a friend is going to use it to replace the early analog Holley computer on another friend's SBC powered LC. Once we have that one figured out there are several more Holley's around here that will get converted.