Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

holley fuel pump

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shupach, Mar 25, 2001.

1. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

hey has anyone worked with the holley mechanical fuel pump? Im in the process of hooking up the fuel lines and am totally confused about which hole goes where. There are like three holes, and when i hook the lines up no fuel comes out. Could it be that i just have no gas? (the fuel gauge is broken).

thanks,

phill

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I have a holley fuel pump (p.n. 12834, street high perf.) also, not installed. The bottom of my pump has the in and out ports stamped in very small lettering, it looks like it has 2 in-let ports and 2 outlet ports, only two of each is drilled and tapped. The intructions are not clear as to what port to use. I wish ould be of more help, but I'm confused as well. If you get it figured out, please post it for me, I will be installing this pump in the next few weeks.

Twiztid.

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

With 3 fittings... it should be one from the fuel tank, one to the carb and one back to the tank as a return line. Check the markings or instructions to be sure which fitting is which as different pumps vary.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

4 fittings are almost always 2 in from the fuel tank, 1 return lin to the tank, and one to the carb. Depending on the fuel needs you may be able to plu on inlet... but as I said earlier... read the instructions and double check... It could be different then some of my past pumps.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI