Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley mods for ORD

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rcamacho, Nov 10, 2004.

1. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

I'm rebuilding a 780CFM vacuum secondary carb for street and occasional off road driving. I've ordered the bowl vent baffles and spring loaded needle and seats. Aside from lowering the float level a bit, any other suggestions? I'm staying away from the side hung float bowls due to personal preference.

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I have a 750 and did the vent baffles and needle/seats like you but I also did jet extensions and extended the vent tubes on top. I didn't lower the floats but it never seems to be a problem.

Go get one of those 12" long sticks of brake line tubing from a parts house (5/16" I think). Mount your air filter without the lid and measure how high the extension tubes can be. Cut the tubing the appropriate length and carefully tap them into the vent "stacks". Don't go too deep because you'll split the stack and be sure to leave about a 1/2" between the top of the tube and the air cleaner lid so it can breathe. This will prevent fuel slosh from spilling out by making the tube too tall to climb.

With these mods I have had good success with my carb.

3. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Thanks. Did you run jet extensions on both primary and scondary sides?

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Just the primaries.