Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley Pro-Jection install/work party this saturday...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

So far we have JDBlazer, Shane74, T-Roy and ChevyFumes heading over this saturday to help me install a Holley pro-jection on my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif and maybe take a looky at my "new" burb.

If your interested in helping, stupidvising or just hanging out and bullshitting feel free to come on down. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

We won't be there until after 12, got some things to drop off and pick up before we can be there. See ya then /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

So what's the scoop? Pics are required, as is how many shots/drinks/beers you drank! Any success at the install?

I spent the afternoon at my grandma's 88th birthday - believe it or not, it was fun. This is a lady who could pass for 70 easily......and she loves the Burb. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I drank his beer and ate his food and watched his TV, then I left.... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Mila beav, sticky rice, henrys and mullets, yep that about does it... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. JDBlazer454

Well we all sat around bs'd, watch Fumes drink beer, checked out Ryans new 'burb's shrapnel (get pics of that and post it, its awesome), the boys watched some Mila Beav, started to watch the instruction video, everyone left beside me and Jeff and we talked about the set up.

Jeff and me are going to install it for Ryan on Friday and finish it up on Saturday so he won't even have to worry about attempting it. Will be a blast to try /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

btw...Ryan I owe you some directions to our place so you can find it on Thursday night.

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

and all its gonna cost me is a carb that I am not using anyway /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh, J&D, I am going to be calling around to see if I can find a place that will put in a fuel return line unless you want to do that too. I have been told that the line that I currently have will not work... damnit /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif I am not 100% sure why, but I think it may be the only gas-tannk vent other than the filler neck vent and that gets sealed off when I put the cap on.

Thoughts?

8. JDBlazer454

Thats what I have been trying to find out about is the return line. I have an idea that if we find a late 80's tbi Blazer we could probably use their complete tank or just the in tank fuel pump set up then it would have the return line already. Might be cheaper then trying to plumb one ourselves. I will find out for sure though before we even get started, thats the only thing that I have concerns about.

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

okie dokie... If we can find out what year I will be able to call around and see if I can locate one... How different are 2nd gen vs 1st gen gas tanks?

10. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How different are 2nd gen vs 1st gen gas tanks?

[/ QUOTE ]
    And you say you work for GM /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif You don't already know this information /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. JDBlazer454

Not sure how different they are honestly. Told Jeff my idea and he groans oh I have to drop the tank....what a wussy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif We have an idea to maybe try the vent tube as a return line (remove the one way valve or something) I am doing lots of searching trying to figure out the cheapest way to do it. I honestly think maybe the late 2nd gen tank sumped fuel pump idea may work best but I don't know how alike they are.....give me until tomorrow for some more research or make a couple calls yourself, up to you /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Actually why dont we just take out the filler neck tube, drill a hole in it, put a fitting in it? seems to be the fastest/easiest way... that way I can keep the vent and have a return line. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. JDBlazer454

Now that would work....See I was over thinking things, wait is that possible for a blonde /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

We will plan on doing that then /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I called and talked to about a dozen people and they all had different idea's on how to do it... that one was by a guy that actually did it on a mustang and he said it worked like a charm... so lets go simple. Tell me what you need me to bring with me and I will pack it all up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. JDBlazer454

Will get you a parts list tomorrow, sorry we haven't gotten back to you have spent 2 days at Good Sam hospital in Portland with a friend so I am just beat and hittin the hay with a good sleeping pill. Anywhooooo........We have kept this weekend open so we can get this done. Will be awesome when done I can't wait /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

damn... I hope everything is ok...

17. JDBlazer454

Everything is as ok as it can be, just a matter of time before she goes.

As for the parts list bring what you think we will need and if we need anything beyond that we can scrounge it up around here or get it ourselves. See ya tonight /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif