Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley Pro-jection woes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scout, Nov 21, 2001.

1. scout

scout Registered Member

Does anyone have a Holley installation, tuning and troubleshooting manual for a pro-jection part # 502-20S. It's the universal two-barrel. I've check out the holley website and unless I'm overlooking something, you can download the complete manual for every TBI they make except for the one I just bought used. Go figure!! Any ideas??

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Send an email to their Projection support folks. They only have hard copies of that manual and will mail you one for free. [​IMG] There's a link on their website to their email address.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

what problems are you having? I was looking to get one og their systems in the future...

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

4. scout

scout Registered Member

I'm not really having any problems yet, becuase installation hasn't started. It's just that I bought the unit used, and it did not come with a manual. It actually doesn't look all that complicated, I'll figure it out.

5. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    Yes, I unfortunately have experience with the Holley ProJection 2-barrel TBI systems. Basically I find that they suck, and the best thing that I ever did was get rid of mine. On the other hand, when I was having trouble, I contacted Holley via e-mail and they sent me a complete manual for my 670cfm system (what they call the "old" setup). Holley was very helpful in trying to resolve my problems, but in the end another Holley product, a 750cfm 4-barrel replaced the TBI setup. What I was having to do is retune the "manual" control (no computerized nothing with that system) EVERY day, and it sputtered, back-fired, stalled, over-ran, was anything but smooth, and in winter it was absolutely terrible. The guy that I bought my Blazer from had trouble with an Edelbrock 4-barrel so he replaced it with the ProJection unit. Since then, I have been to over 7 hot rod shops, and they have cabinets and closets FULL of Edelbrock carbs. In Colorado you can barely give away an Edelbrock 4-barrel, but yet I hear that the new Q-jet units are good. I'll stick with Holley. To close, I have also heard that the $4,000 Holley fuel rail injection system is very good, but just a bit too pricey for most people.

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]

6. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

Slayer,

I'm in Colorado also and actually had a friend give me a system after trying to put it on his 71 SS El Camino. When he called Holley for help they said that it was the altitude that was screwing it up! Well I have yet to put it on but I really don't think that I will and will probably just sell it on EBay. Also I wish I knew about places here that had"closets FULL of Edelbrock carbs," I paid way too much for the one I run now!!

Later, Shane-

79' K5 Body Hurting But Runs Great!!

7. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

I had the 670cfm 2barrel projection on my 77 K25 (400sb/th350) for a while.. couldnt get it to run right for [censored] and I did a LOT of tweaking.. holley's email help was a joke. they said I needed an aftermarket aluminum intake instead of a my cast iron stock one.. if I do fuel injection again, it will be DIY-EFI style.

as for now, my quadrajet is kicking some serious butt.

mike

8. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

man am i glad i didnt go with the holley 670cfm 2 barrel setup. this was one of my choices of FI for my truck. good luck with yours and i hope it works well for you. if not i know a guy that has a complete tpi system for sale.Justin