Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley street dominator manifold?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 70~K5, May 24, 2002.

1. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I was looking in my garage resently and I found a unused SBC Holley street dominator does anyone here remeber what the specs on this maniflod were? Also it is setup for a front oil tube is that a problem to put it on a '70's sbc motor?

2. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

I have one on my 2wd truck. I think they rate them for 0-7200 rpm. I bought mine from Jegs last year. I don't think they have the hole for the oil tube. But if the one you have is pretty old, the one I have may be a different design. My intake has the "street dominator" logo right in front of where the carb bolts on.

3. Skyetone

Skyetone 1/2 ton status

I just gave one away. if it is a split entry (dual plane) then it will run 0-7500 RPM. If it is just a big hole for your gas $$$ to go then it runs 2500-7500 RPM. goes good but sucks the gas.

4. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

I was looking at one the other day. It does not look nearly the quality of the Edelbrock.

I don't see how a manifold can make power from idle to 7200, even though that is what they claim. Don't expect it to do that.

I recommend the Edelbrock. Better quality casting and design

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah but I have this one here and it didn't cost me anything. All it would cost is the time and gaskets to install it. What I have on there now is the stock cast iron 4 barrel manifold. Would this be better than stock?

6. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Let us know how it works.

John

7. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

i have one on mimne it is fine. it or something else is uscking gas though. i only get 3-5 miles per gallon. If it gets in worse i am going to start measuring it in gallons per mile

8. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Back in '76 the carb on my mustang bit the big one on a sunday and I had to get back to the Army base where I was stationed. A freind had a 3 barrel holley on his shelf that we thru on the car. A 3 barrel holley has a BIG oval barrel for the secondaries. It was like a 950 cfm carb too. You could see the gas gauge go down when you stepped on it. I got that sucker off the next weekend.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I personally do NOT like Edelbrock. I think you're paying more for the name then anything else. Quality isn't what it used to be with the Edelbrock. I much reather have a Dart intake manifold any day !!!!!! Wieand, and Holley arn't bad either.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd say give it a try, I use "Torque Plus" intake gaskets Jeg's part #886-1101 They cost alittle more, but I think they're worth it.