Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

holley TA questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chubbynova, Jun 1, 2006.

1. chubbynova

chubbynova Registered Member

i am in the proccess of tuning my new holley truck avenger carb. mrk5 thread on " Holley Truck Avenger tuning tips and review" has been very helpful. i ordered the new cams and discharge nozzles today but i have a few questions. first when i called summit and asked for .035 accelerator pump discharge nozzles he asked if i wanted "straight" or "tube"? i didnt know so i went with his recommendation for the tube style. is that correct? and what is the diference? Second question what book would u suggest me buying? i would like to know as much as i can before start playing with it. in mrk5 thread he has links to another web site and they recommend a book by David Emanuel, "Holley Carbs And Manifolds" but i am havig a hard time finding it. just wondering what everyone else has?

2. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

not too sure however... when i took my nozzle out... it was flat hard to explain.. look down in your primaries... and you will see the big phillips screw... holding that tube looking thing down....

my new squirters (discharge nozzle) had 2 tubes coming off of it.... more of a directed squirt into the primaries....

I knew nothing about it... and did fine.. dont think you need to buy a book for this..... all you need to know is how to adjust the choke, how to adjust the floats, how to adjust air/fuel mix screws, how to put pump cams in (really easy as I was looking at it too hard), how to replace discharge nozzle (easy.. 1 screw....)

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

The straight type is basically the standard issue. The tube type like you got are just supposed to be better. I can't remember why.

Here's something I found on a Ford Muscle site:
    When I tried a .037 nozzle I ended up with the ant-syphon type. That style is for drag racing. When are really gets to flowing through the carb, it prevents fuel from syphoning out of the discharge nozzles.