Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley TBI question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by neverendingproject, Aug 3, 2005.

1. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Im going to use a Holley 670 on my 383 TBI, but in order to run higher fuel pressure, I have to have certain injectors. What im asking is there a visual difference between the Holley injectors and the Delphi injectors? They say I need the Delphi ones. Also, if I have the Holley ones, can replace them with Delphi ones?

Stephen

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Some correct me if I am wrong. But from what I know about Holley TBs. All the new GM bolt on ones use 65 PPH (at stock 12PSI fuel pressure) Delphi injectors. You use a better pump and can jack up the pressure to 20 psi. Where they should flow around 90pph That should be more than enough fuel for your 383. Holley went to delphi a while back because they flow better under higher pressures. The old Holley injectors would blow out, leak, and drip under higher than stock pressures.
    Just buy a new holley 670 TB and you should be fine.
    I think they also make one that has 85PPH injectors. I think that needs a aftermarket high pressure fuel pump to reach those flow # also.
    Best bet is to call Holley.

3. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

I have the 20 psi pump but I already have the Holley TBI, so I would rather not buy another. Mine has the plug and metal retainer instead of the round plastic dome on top of the injectors. Does that mean that mine are the delphi ones?

Thanks,
    Stephen