Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley TBI Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stickseler, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

My new motors gona be in on the 8th so I was thinking about ordering the Holley TBI that says it is an exact replacement for stock but flows better.

Is it worth the money or should I just get 2 new injectors?

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

What Holley unit are you refering to? I have spent quite a bit of time talking to holley abouth their tbi units... here is what I have thus far. One... what injectors dores it have? There are numerous sizes out there to support different power levels and fuel needs. Also most likely for optimium performance with a different size injector you will need a custom burned chip. Superchips does this, but it can be a real PIA sending it back and forth. Many people run a bit rich if they don't have the proper tuning done. Next... thing is the holley units are not stock castings. They are new redesigned castings and will outflow all the worked 454 units out there. Holley units are rated at 690 cfm compared to a worked 454 unit being about 570 or so.

3. Stickseler

This is the one summit sells <a target="_blank" href=http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=search.asp%3FType%3Dbysummitpart%26Part%3Dhly5026%26Search.x%3D1%26SearchType%3DBoth>http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=search.asp%3FType%3Dbysummitpart%26Part%3Dhly5026%26Search.x%3D1%26SearchType%3DBoth</a>

I decided to order it today I guess I'll take my chances.

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Looks about the same. The advace Holley has said is if you have problems with it running rich, adjust your fule pressure down abit. Even then it may run a bit rich cold or hot or whatever, but should be very close. addition tunig would require chip work

5. Stickseler

Cool

Thanks