Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley Tbi

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by Arakel, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Arakel

Arakel Registered Member

My Tbi injectors gone bad so planning to replace my oem tbi with a Holley tbi unit any body has comments about the Holley tbi

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if you are talking the 670 beffup unit. then its not a simple swap to do. lots of chip and tunning needed for best results and in stock bolt on it will give you some good problems from what i have read.

3. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, I looked at that unit a while back, around the time I was looking for simple bolt on upgrades, and that didn`t fall into that category....

4. Arakel

Arakel Registered Member

tbi Holley crap

Hi SweetK30

They advertise the Holley tbi, 670 CFM Two-barrel TBI Model 3210 is a direct replacement for 1987-89 GM Pickup with a 5.7L V-8. Featuring a 2.00” throttle bore, which is a 42% increase over stock TBI and an air distribution ring. Provides increased torque and horsepower. Compatible only with stock GM electronics. For 366$ at sdpc2000.com

Im located in Egypt and the tbi parts are available but expensive it wil cost to get 2 injectors and 2 sensors for the price above so i said what the hek get a new one, if you know more info about this tbi unit let me know, since the last i need is to change chips and all that electonic stuff

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

injectors are bigger / throttle bores are bigger / some have diffrent wire plugs / and needs lots of computer chip work to get the fuel / air maps correct to run. lots have tryed bolt on and 95% have failed. run rich and idels badly if at all. plus thay perform crapy . thay are good if you have the compur program and info to tune it best. but for your needs get a stock tbi unit.

6. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

7. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

IIRC the TBI unit does not come with the injector pod or injectors. You must reuse your injector pod and injectors. You better read everything because i've read small print somewhere which said that. Also without modifying your intake manifold the 2" TBI will not allow you to open the throttle as the throttle blades will hit the stock bore on the manifold.

8. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The Turbocity one? If that's so, that's a very misleading picture and description. Wonder how many people have been caught by that!

My bad, just looked at it again and pic just shows bare housing. They're injectors aren't too cheap either.

9. bladwin

bladwin Registered Member Premium Member

10. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

11. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I would not go with the Holly unit. Too much trouble.
    Just get some stock injectors. Unless you have done a lot of performance mods to the engine you do not need a bigger throttle body. A nice set of flow matched injectors will improve your performance in a stock TBI

Here's a couple of links from people I have delt with

I dont know if he ships overseas but this guy has cheap TBI injectors:http://www.injectors4u.com/tbi_injectors.htm He does good work.

Also fiveomotorsport http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsGMTrucks.asp Is a very good source for injectors of any kind. They ship world wide.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007