Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley throttle body injectors (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CyberSniper, Feb 6, 2004.

1. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Holley #502-6 is a direct replacement 670CFM throttle body for engines that originally came with the smallblock throttle body.

With my "elite" math skills you need 85 lb/hr injectors to keep up with that air. However, I'm afraid Holley put the little 65 lb/hr injectors in there thinking that it'd suffice.

I believe the 65 lb/hr (#522-74) ones have a yellow top and the 85 lb/hr (#522-26) ones have a red top.

Does someone know which injectors they put in this throttle body? Or does someone have one of these throttle bodies and can tell me what injectors came in it?

Thanks

EDIT:
    In case you guys didn't know, Holley's injectors look identical to Dodge injectors except for the 90 lb/hr injectors--those look like GM injectors.

I stole some pictures off Holley's website. I don't know what color the 57 lb/hr (#522-14) injectors are because they don't have the correct image on their website.

45 lb/hr (#522-72)
    [​IMG]

50 lb/hr (#522-36)
    [​IMG]

65 lb/hr (#522-74)
    [​IMG]

85 lb/hr (#522-76)
    [​IMG]

2. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Re: Holley throttle body injectors

I run an older Pro-Jection, it rated 670cfm also
    and the two injectors are Blake in color on the top.
    My guess is Holley used to but just enough to get by,
    now the new Digital injection, and throle bodies
    might actually make the grade.

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Good question...

I just bought one of these used off of Ebay and should get it today. I had some concerns with the injectors too, and if they do need to be replace I will consider it.

I really didnt want to replace my stock TBI, but after lookin at it hard and long, I didnt want to have to deal with it, and theused one I bought wasnt that old and looked to be in near new condition.

Rob

4. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

The Holley did (and does) not come with the 85's. The included injectors are 65's, or something close to that. Keep in mind however, that a Small Block PROM will not run the Big Block (85 lb/hr) injectors without reprogramming. The highest flow injector that I'm aware of, stock, that will run without reprogramming on a Small Block PROM are the Caprice 9C1 injectors, which flow somewhere in the neighborhood of 67 lb/hr.

5. CyberSniper

Well, the difference between the bigblock and smallblock injectors are the impedance to my knowledge. The bigblock injectors are supposed to be rated for 80 or 90lb/hr at 90% duty cycle depending on if they were the early or late model.

Anyway, Pro-Jection throttle bodies don't use GM injectors. They use the Mopar injectors.

It doesn't really matter to me whether they're high impedance or low impedance injectors because I'm using it in a special application. I just need enough fuel to go with the 670CFM the #502-6 can flow.

The GM style is on the left and the Mopar style is on the right:
    [​IMG]

6. CyberSniper

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a throttle body and then have to buy injectors immediately. I figure the 85lb/hr injectors would support about 320hp.