Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley Truck Avenger Carburetor????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gokartergo, Mar 23, 2002.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Any body tried the Holley Truck Avenger Carburetor... Or now of anybody that as... I am thinking about it.. Supposed to work up 40 degree up and down and 30 degree side to side...Dan

2. gokartergo

Here is some info on it...<a target="_blank" href=http://www.samsoffroad.com/samsoffroadsto/HolleyCarburetors.htm>http://www.samsoffroad.com/samsoffroadsto/HolleyCarburetors.htm</a>

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

looks interesting. the power valve is still on it (i think) so that would still be a weakness. It sounds like a vacuum secondary which is good for milage, but is it a q-jet? visually obviously not, but why is there only one "size"? BTW, i don't have one and don't know anyone that does.

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

looks interesting. the power valve is still on it (i think) so that would still be a weakness. It sounds like a vacuum secondary which is good for milage, but is it a q-jet? visually obviously not, but why is there only one "size"? BTW, i don't have one and don't know anyone that does.

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Basicly its a holley with all the mods 4x4ers have been doing to them for years(vent tubes, fuel bowl baffle, spring loaded float neelle) for off road use. The degree angles you quote sound about right for a holley modified for off road.
    As for the power valve Issue. New holley carbs have a little check valve in them that protects the power valve from backfires. So power valve problems arem't much of a problem anymore.
    But because of the type of float bowl set up holley has I still think that the Q-jet is a better carb for serious offroad.
    But for road and moderate 4X4 uses it would probabally be a good carb once set up right for your engine.

7. gokartergo

I am putting together a trail rig.. I am hoping the q-jet that was on it is OK..But if not I might go this way..But they don't even put down what the CFM'S are....Dan

8. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

For the holley or q-jet. I am assuming the holley because the q-jet is 750 and 800 cfm...

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Heres all the info I have on it:

P/N 0-90670 670 CFM Truck Avenger Carburetor
    BOWLING GREEN, KY - October 30, 2001
    Holley Performance Products the worlds foremost expert in fuel systems and carburetors introduces our new Truck AvengerTM Carburetor for the new Millennium and beyond.

The Truck Avenger carburetor is unlike any other carburetor on the market, so simple it's virtually a bolt on deal. The new Truck Avenger carburetor was created out of a need for a simplistic design that would allow anyone with no past experience in carburetors to bolt it on, make two small tuning adjustments, and drive off. With only 670 CFM and a durable dichromate finish the Truck Avenger carburetor is the correct choice for any small block engine. Here are the features that will make this the last carburetor you will ever buy for your truck!
    1) A Quick change No TroubleTM vacuum secondary comes calibrated for optimum off road use.
    2) Fourth Generation No Trouble power valve with a lifetime blowout protection guarantee.
    3) Four vacuum ports consisting of PCV, spark, power brake and vacuum accessories such as A/C or modulator.
    4) A No Trouble electric choke with a factory calibrated setting that provides a cleaner smoother warm-up in all climates. The choke range has been identified and restricted so it won't ever loose calibration.
    5) The external No Trouble spring loaded needle and seats promote stable fuel levels for improved fuel control on rough terrain.
    6) New Truck Avenger CNC Machined annular boosters on the primary side provides maximum low end torque and power for improved towing and climbing.
    7) Exclusive No Trouble one-piece vent tube completely eliminates fuel spillover from during extreme maneuvers.
    8) Clear sight plugs ensure fuel level can be seen during adjustment and keeps you and your property safe.
    9) Square fuel bowls with single fuel inlet banjo fitting maintains precise fuel control and provides an easy "Bolt on and Go" installation.
    10) The New Truck Avenger fuel metering block eliminates fuel spillover through the boosters at extreme angles allowing for 45 degree climbing, 30 degree side hill maneuvers and nose-down descents to avoid hesitations, stalling and flooding typically associated with carbs in an off road environment.
    11) Step-by-step installation guide specifically designed for the Truck Avenger Carburetor.

Want to know why this will be the last carb you will ever buy?
    Because Holley is so confident about our new Truck Avenger Carburetor that we gave it a Lifetime warranty on parts and a one (1) year warranty on labor with factory direct service.

10. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

10) The New Truck Avenger fuel metering block eliminates fuel spillover through the boosters at extreme angles allowing for 45 degree climbing, 30 degree side hill maneuvers and nose-down descents to avoid hesitations, stalling and flooding typically associated with carbs in an off road environment.

<hr></blockquote>

this is the only 'new' part that holds any interest.
    I dont think it qualifies as 'old tricks'
    I also dont believe there is any substance to these claims
    how can they prevent gravity from pulling fuel through the boosters
    they need to spell out what the metering block changes are

11. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

I agree with MJ.. what a bunch of bogus claims on those other "features"... their either the same things that are standard on other carbs, or stuff that has nothing to do with "offroading" .. what a joke. . I seen that carb on TV and they said it was $400 !^%$#! thats almost double the price of a normal holley.

thanks Ill stick with my quadrajet

mike

12. gokartergo

Cheapest I have found it so far is $395.00..Not sure if it is worth it...Dan

13. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

All I can say is. If you are putting together a trail rig. Dont buy the Holley. Get a Q-jet perferably from<a target="_blank" href=http://www.jetchip.com/fuel/streetmaster800.cfm>Jet Performance.</a>
    I have played with holleys all my life. They are a good street carb, And are passable off road with modifications. But I could never get one to do better off road than a Q-Jet. I'v used adapter plates and put Q-Jets on fords and jeeps with great results also.