Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

holley truck avenger ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jp0863, Dec 1, 2005.

1. jp0863

jp0863 1/2 ton status Premium Member

looking to do a motor swap from a 6.2 oil burner to a small block or big block crate motor. i want to keep it simple so was leaning toward running a carb. a freind of mine has an edelbrock with the offroad jet kit which seems to work quite well, but i'm wondering if anyone is using a holley truck avenger and how you like it? my biggest concern is how well it will be on inclines and such. any feedback would be great, thanks.

2. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

My buddy is using one on his Bronco. I have been really impressed with the angles it has run at. In fact, I have been so impressed it has been added to my "Need to buy" list. Or couse I am running an Edelbrock Performer so it probably would not take much to impress me. :D I have put in the offroad kit and adjusted the floats in mine, and it still cuts out on steep hills. My buddy did have to change jets, and work on his tuning for a while. Seems like it takes a while to get tuned in correctly.

I guess I would go Truck Avenger, Qjet, and then Performer which would be way behind the first two. Talk with sledheadak on here for Qjet performance. He has one on his Jimmy and has had excellent performance with it.

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

The TA has been discussed a lot of times here. Do a search, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. As long as you get the -2 version and not the -1 you should be fine.

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Exactly

Refer to my posts in the following linked thread for more info on that:
    Click

I'm satisfied with it on the trail. It's not fuel injection, but I think it works good.