Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley's Pro-jection

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric78K5, Oct 14, 2000.

1. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

Holley\'s Pro-jection

Hey guys! Has anyone tried this? Summit has the kit for $700, which doesn't sound too bad for a complete fuel injection setup. I'd like to hear from anyone who has this!

Eric78K5
    K5-Because Size Matters!

2. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Re: Holley\'s Pro-jection

I think that injection system is the same one I have been running for over three years. I have had no trouble with it at all. It takes a while to get the proper setup but once it's set your done.

Steve Frisbie
    85 m1009

3. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

It's a good deal!Once you have it, get back with me and I'll go over some tips on installation that aren't in the manual that will make your life much easier.

4. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

Do not buy a projection unless it's a 4D or 4Di ($1400ish). Or better yet, swap on a GM system (TBI or TPI). Will cost between $700 and $1400! Many advantages to GM.

I speak from experience.

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah I have been eyeing that also. Few peopl I know have had trouble with the projection and like one of the other posts said Holly's instructions are screwed up. Something about the TPS. Here is another link to a company I have been eyeing. http://www8.bcity.com/fuel_injection/index.html From what I understand they basicly use off the Shelf GM parts for the main components with a modified computer to handle the fuel maps and transmission tyes ect. About the same proce as the projection. There is also a closed loop option that is not a bad idea and alows the FI to adjust for altitude and other things that the pre programmed versions won't

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

6. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I have been considering fuel injection since that day in august when i was so steep my motor wouldnt run. Is there any 4bbl FI setup I can get? Also, how waterproof are these systems? Right now, my whole truck is almost waterproof, and I dont want something thats sensitive to mud and water.</font color=blue>