Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holley's Systemax II?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mud hungry, Nov 29, 2004.

1. mud hungry

mud hungry 1/2 ton status

Holley\'s Systemax II?

Has anyone used this system from Holley or does anyone know somebody that has. Systemax. I have a stripped down 350 4bm waiting impatiently for some power to it. any opinions.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: Holley\'s Systemax II?

It looks like a decent kit. I am not a big fan of holley on a 4x4. I look at as I would prefer a Comp cam, AFR heads, an edelbrock intake, and edelbrock performer Q-jet. The stock bottom end is good enough for under 400-450HP. That is basically my setup minus the AFR heads(stupid iron stockers! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

3. rhuarc31

rhuarc31 Registered Member

Re: Holley\'s Systemax II?

I used it in a 1977 corvette. Made a lot of power, but the idle quality sucked, needed a 3000 stall to work well. I've used the whole system minus cam in a truck (used a comp extreme 4x4 cam) and am very happy with that set up. Haven't checked prices lately but when I bought mine it was like paying for the heads and intake and having everything else thrown in, so I didn't mind selling the cam for 100 bucks and using the money to buy the comp grind.