Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hollister- potluck & caravan info....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyCaGal, Jul 10, 2001.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Ok, the Sacramento caravan is cancelled. So if you were planning on meeting in the Raley's parking lot in Elk Grove, please don't do so. I will not be there. Too many people had too many schedules to work out so it just didn't work out! [​IMG]

The potluck will be on Friday night. If you want to do the potluck..... bring like say um, well, food! But really.... salads, jello, pasta, rolls, fruit tray, veggie tray, meat tray, anything you find good you wanna bring really... you want enough for about 10-12 (or more if you choose) people.... However please remember you need to bring your own drinks, plates, napkins, glasses and silverware.... this potluck is food related... the rest of the stuff is up to you... let me know if you have any questions, I will answer then the best I can...

Stephanie

PS I got some CB's and CB stuff donated today for the raffle! [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ChevyCaGal on 07/11/01 06:44 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

All right CB'S, Anyway. Lets just make the potluck friday night. I have rented the big B-QUE . And I am bringing a potatoe salad and some venison (deer meat) for all you flat landers......LOL. I am also bringing some sour dough bread and will cook on the b-que for anybody...........Dan

3. ChevyCaGal

I didn't look them over yet... I will better later on. For now I am bummed... I don't think I will have my Blazer there unless a miracle happens... I could possibly if I come up early Saturday morning... which if you don't mind Dan doing to write up until then and taking care of stuff... but it's really pushing it... I'm having problems with fixing stuff.... there's a spark plug wire stuck in there for good! There' not much room to get in there so I can't pull it off....so simply, yet so hard to get too...oh well, I'm just complaining.... for now call me Neon girl.... cuz that's what I will be driving...

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

4. gokartergo

I could write stuff down for you tell you get there. If you are replacing the spark plug wires. You could just get a knife and cut the old boot off...Dan

5. ChevyCaGal

Well, I took the wires off... I have no clue what happened? I pulled it off and snap, there it was...metal stuck on the plug. The wires were cheap ones and I got some better ones....well now I can't get that metal off... There is not much room to get in there to work, so I can't get anything really in there I can get a good grip with... it's a huge pain and cut myself good trying... I can't yank it off.... sucks to be me [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

6. gokartergo

Life is fun......We all have to learn these little things about or trucks. Try getting a pair of needle nose pliers in there and spreading the ring open a little. or a screw driver. If you look at one of the old plug wires you can see where the split is. My truck is down getting the frame welded. It had a crack at the rear shock mount. If the crack was any where else I would have taken care of it. But it had to crack there. And the guy promised me he would drive it inside tonight. I just drove by there and it is outside. He might be buying me a new stereo tomorrow......Dan

7. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I've been to several big runs before and I guarantee you that something comes up right before to stress you out. After 12 years of modifying my K5 I'm still not ready for Friday yet. Go figure.

David 75K5

[image]http://www.extremeblazer.com/sideapproachL.jpg[/image]

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

tell me about it.....look at my post on the main board about my tranny goin out!

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

9. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Get in there with a socket extension and a hammer and break off the end of the plug then get a socket on that little bugger and show it whos boss, a new plug is what, a buck? as for the wires look at the diagram in teh manual for the dist lay out, #1 plug wire should be around 5 o'clock on the cap, well maybe 4:30, then just follow it around, 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2. Right? Don't stress, ihave to rebulid my CV and possibly the tailshaft of my T-case before fri. Just take a deep breath and attack it.

RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"

10. ChevyCaGal

Welp, I will be there but not with the Blazer.... the exhaust guy is going camping tomorrow. I have it running, but it would never pass smog. I don't want to risk a ticket. Which I would get cuz it is me for not having the sticker...I was gonna have the whole exhaust done... pick it up early Friday afternoon, get it smogged, get my sticker and be at Hollister by 7:30. Doh... oh well. I can take pictures, work on my write up and spot... plus I get to meet everyone which is what I wanted to do the most anyhow....

As I mentioned I got some stuff donated for the raffle....
    (from a CB place called Chickenlips in Sacramento. If you need CB stuff they rule, check them out!) Texas Ranger 40 channel CB radio, a set Cobra handheld CB radios, some antennias, Andretti leather driving gloves... they gave me like $400 in stuff! [​IMG] So that is up for grabs! I hope to get more stuff tomorrow, hope these other places come through and don't flake....

I'm mostly posting this just to top it so everyone will remember Friday night is the potluck!! Bring stuff! [​IMG]

11. gokartergo

Does that mean we call you DodgeCaGal........LOL

12. ChevyCaGal

Yeah it does.... I'm sooo bummer out. Least when I get home I can put my steering brace on I just got, get my exhaust done and finally replace the whole stereo system...! [​IMG]

13. gokartergo

So what time are you heading down here on Friday?????????

14. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I'm sure there will be plenty of room to ride along, i know i'm a looser and have no copilot, Which you can tell by looking at the passengerside of my truck, Manzanita, mmmmm scratchy, so come on out climb inwith somebody and have a blast, there will be other trips to take your's on, besides you'd hate to try and rush it, and not do something right, its those things that always come back to bite you in the behind.

RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"