Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hollister was AWESOME!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyCaGal, Jul 15, 2001.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Hollister Blazerfest 2001 was great! I had the best freaking time there. Talk about a bunch of all around nice folks! I got to ride with several folks (since I didn't have my rig) and loved getting to check out all the other rides. I came home with a ton of ideas and things I want to do...

Here's some of the carnage....

Frizzelfry (Chris)- broken axle

BabyBlue (Matt)- (carnage winner) broken axle, busted u joint, broke the topper window, both tail lights, dented the door on the pass side, scraped down the side of the pass side, and did some other damage which you will see in the pics when I post them

Chaz88k5 (Chaz)- One dead tranny

Dan (Triaged)- Another dead tranny

Chris's Bronco (Chaz's friend)- bent the tie rod

RaisedK5 (Leeland sorry if I spelled it wrong)- got a nice front fender mark from the bumper moving back into it...(and maybe a battery mark on his head [​IMG])

Junkyardcrawler (forgot his real name sorry!)- his tire came off when he popped the bead, hit the water so hard he rearranged his grill, and a electrical problem that was fixed though...

gokartergo (Dan)- busted cv joint

Hey Stephen... I saw some ORD green paint on the rocks in Tank Trap....!!

Man that trail was a beast. That's where Matt did most of his damage... he went from the top down. Got through the first 3 mud holes fine, might I add with a broken axle from the day before he did it... but when he got the a curve his tires went one way the Blazer the other and busted a u joint in the axle. We thought he was toasted and did worse... but he winched out and took half the trail with and left pieces of his rig behind.... but he was the only member that did the whole thing. JunkYardCrawler did the first mud hole and then we winched him up the bypass when his tire came off.... it was pretty cool!

Goldrush was the only to do the mini Rubicon (unless someone else did when I was else where?) which was pretty sweet... (the Bronco did it too, but I can't mention that since it's a Ford [​IMG] But I have to admit it was a sweet ride)

I took 14 rolls of film and will have them developed in a day or so... I have to take them to Sam's Club and do the overnight thing because if I do the one hour at $8 bucks a roll (getting doubles and will mail them out) will be big $$$. But I will scan and post them this week....should be some sweet pics!

All I can say is there are too many freaking pigs there!! And why did they have to pick my tent to run around behind at 3am? Dang freaking things!! Kept waking me up.... and eating the garbage! Tori's potato gun was sweet.... we kept the pigs away with it! [​IMG] Next year someone needs to shoot one so we can BBQ!

All in all it was a awesome weekend, and for those of you who didn't show up (where the heck were ya anyhow? We had 20 some odd rigs out of the 54 that signed up!) you missed a good time. It was great meeting you all and I look forward to many more runs with you guys! [​IMG]

Stephanie <><
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

You don't want to eat wild pig....trust me. *shudder*

Sounds cool! Damn! 14 rolls! Get pics up quickly!

I've got a mind like a . . . a . . . what's that thing called?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well ya need to add body damage to mine from the bumper hittin my fender when i fell in a hole....and a dead fuel pump...i had to have to towed to the shop on sunday...i am suprised it made it home!..it wont even start...but i guess it dosent matter because it wont move anyway because of the tranny

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

4. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

wow, missed yet another fun off road trip!

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i wish i was there, i was at last years in pismo(first gen). only a few(3-4) showed up but it was fun and worth the 6hr drive. hey, at least the group is growing.

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

6. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

You know at first that fender didn't look that bad, but i must've smashed it again, cause damn, there are a few more wrinkles than i thought, they were hiding under mud, but hey whatever i can't staighten, i'll fix with the Milwakee, I needed to open up the fenders anyway, and don't worry, the "Energizer" dent in my forehead went away, but you gotta get a camerera that doesn't explode when i slide off in to a ditch. And were still waiting to see this Mythacle truck of yours, but donuts in the Neon was funny, next time we're taking the Neon to the mud pit.

RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"

7. ChevyCaGal

Hey, it's not mythical! I own one.... it just doesn't have a muffler right now since it fell off in the road and I never went back for it when the Honda hit it... doh! [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

8. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

Whos got that sweet camo K5?

1988 K5- Piss on Ford/Dodge/Jeep

9. ChevyCaGal

That's Matt's (BabyBlue). He painted it a bit back some now he has to change his user name! I got a camo beast too, but didn't have it with me....

Stephanie
    <a target="_blank" href=http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_uploads/53-468642-CamoBeast.jpg>bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_uploads/53-468642-CamoBeast.jpg</a>

10. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

i also beat the hell out of my rear diff in tank trap trying to get up it sat morning before all you guys got up. [​IMG]

Going nowhere everybody is a Moto Psycho
    Got my wheels in motion and i got a path to beat