Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holly carb on incline problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by monsterjim, Feb 6, 2004.

1. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

Got a 650cfm, have to keep it in low gear and floored goin up and down hills or it seems to flood out. Do I simply need to adjust the float level down, has anyone ever put a marine kit on, can't seem to order the vent tube like the truck avenger carb has on the top, guess I could just put some stainless steel lines in eh? Anyone got any quick fixes besides going to EFI?

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I put all the Holley vent and jet extensions in my 750 along with some homemade "stacks". I bought a short piece of brake line tubing (1/4 or 5/16, can't remember) cut it in half and carefully tapped them into the vertical vent tubes in the main body. Once in place I measured how high they could be without interferring with the air cleaner and cut off the excess.

My carb will still stumble occaisionally but these add ons did make a noticable difference. I think next time I would put a bend pointing each one forward and aft respectively to add more resistance to the fuel climbing out.