Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holly ProJection........ who runs it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hidesertwheelin, Nov 15, 2004.

1. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You guys's that use Holly Projection...... Is it worth the price? Does it run good? Is it that much better than a good carb?

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

My bud has it on his Scout and swears by it /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif Of course his rig has been in the driveway more than anything else /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

There's a member here Sandman, and I think he either is using or has used Holley Pro-Jection.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've run a few versions of it. The 2Di one is pretty easy to set up and run. Easier then a stock system. I currently run the 4Di system and its not so easy. If you motor is near stock, I would just swap a stock system onto it and go. My motor is overbuilt so I run the 900 cfm version. I spent a few weeks tuning the fuel map and it still runs rich untill it warms up. Since I got out of mud racing, I've been thinking about detuning it way down. If I do this, I might just swap on a stock system and go. Or the 2Di system again.

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I am running the "old" analog 900cfm unit. also runs rich when cold. sometimes difficult to tune, but much better than a carb on a hill!!

6. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I run the old 2D analog system on my 454. It's done surprisingly well considering that it's not really big enuf for my motor.

If you don't have to go thru emissions, I recommend it. I've heard it can be tough to get thru emissions sometimes.

Marv