Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HOLY COW!!!! Now this is huge.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Nov 30, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    [​IMG]

Sceptre 19" LCD 500:1 contrast and 400 Brightness /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I'm back to dual monitors! I'm thinking I might have to order a second one if they have any left /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif (yes three monitors for those counting at home!) /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

how can you have 2 monitors at once, with different screens... and only 1 mouse and 1 tower? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    how can you have 2 monitors at once, with different screens... and only 1 mouse and 1 tower? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Magic /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

http://www.matrox.com/mga/workstation/digital_design/home.cfm

my old setup
    [​IMG]

Here you can see the video card has two outputs
    [​IMG]

shits and giggles... my computer
    [​IMG]

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

LOL at first when I went to the site, I thought you were trying to get me to buy a camera /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I read a bit, is this the guy you have? web page
    I want one, but I don't do any digital imaging or anything liek that /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

How do you switch from one monitor to the other?

5. jjlaughner

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

AHHHH! THATS HUGE! my guess is you work on computers for a living? Or something that has to do with computers? How did you learn all that stuff?
    [​IMG]

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    this one
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/workstation/digital_design/products/gseries/g450.cfm

there is no switching, I can move the mouse, windows whatever from screen to screen

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah! Thats awesome! Do you do graphic design or something? Or do you just like 2 monitors /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

damn dude, bling bling /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

kickass setup though. blows my little old laptop straight outta the water /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

kickass setup though. blows my little old laptop straight outta the water /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't have it in water anyways!

9. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    AHHHH! THATS HUGE! my guess is you work on computers for a living? Or something that has to do with computers? How did you learn all that stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

BA in Graphic Arts Management, Business administration and compute science...
    For a living right now I work at HP (Hewlett Packard) building workstations

[ QUOTE ]

Woah! Thats awesome! Do you do graphic design or something? Or do you just like 2 monitors /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I like photoshop and I do dreamweaver (webdesign) and it helps to have dual monitors, one for work and one for tool bars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also works for one window of CK5 and chat windows
    or internet on one and email in another
    or web design on one and HTML in the other /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't have it in water anyways!

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

11. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

that would explain the sparks.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BA in Graphic Arts Management, Business administration and compute science...
    For a living right now I work at HP (Hewlett Packard) building workstations

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I like photoshop and I do dreamweaver (webdesign) and it helps to have dual monitors, one for work and one for tool bars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also works for one window of CK5 and chat windows
    or internet on one and email in another
    or web design on one and HTML in the other /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You work at HP? Thats really awesom!
    Thats a nice setup /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I've always wanted to run dual monitors for my digital art, but I've never been able to justfiy it... I have a 17" sitting around.....

HEY! Maybe verticle!

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

OH, I have a question, if you hook up a tv to the other line (one of the products on the link you gave me mentioned that, I THINK?) would you beable to use it like a computer screen, or would it just play movies?

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

You can use a TV, I have, but the resolution sucks and it distorts on most settings

16. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ooh okay. I wouldn't use a TV for that then. Thanks

17. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

wow, you had that pic up, how cool! i'm sure he'd be happy to know that /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    OH, I have a question, if you hook up a tv to the other line (one of the products on the link you gave me mentioned that, I THINK?) would you beable to use it like a computer screen, or would it just play movies?

[/ QUOTE ]

The refresh rate on tvs suck compaired to the computer but the card can adjust the resolution and refresh so the use of a tv is acceptable. I've played Soldiers of Fortune on my 32" tv before /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    The Matrox cards are not really intended for games but for video editing and graphics. The card I have is dual head but it has several features. One is the adapter to go to the tv (S-video), second if your a video editor you can hook up a tv/monitor esp for video playback along with the dual monitors, and then there is the actual dual head monitors, I have can different refresh rates and resolutions for each monitor. So my tool bar monitor is set at 1024x768 and my work monitor is at 1280x960 (unless I'm working on larger images then I drop it to 1600x1200, I've yet to try these higher resolution on this new 19" LCD yet /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif).
    The newer matrox cards are even better, faster and allow three or more monitors (if I pickup another 19" LCD (a matching monitor) I'll get a dual DVI card (instead of the 15pin, std monitor connector) and it has an S-video out seperate in addition to the dual monitors, or with the adapter do three monitors. Its about $380 though /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

19. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    wow, you had that pic up, how cool! i'm sure he'd be happy to know that /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    It was used for a long time
    then I switched to this
    [​IMG] from babe of the day

if you down load the video above, I have the HK grey room as my desktop (Hecker&Koch grey room is a room that has 1 of each weapon they produce, click )

20. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

okay awesome thanks! Thanks for pointing out why not to use a TV /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif