Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

holy crap, gonna have to buy another gun...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Jan 28, 2004.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

went in for my interview with Loomis and Fargo today. Seemed to be good guys there. The guy giving me the info and doing the interview told me that once we got gun certified we got a temp issue 38 revolver (yuck!!!) and then we were supposed to buy our own gun and that they offered a 0% loan up to $600 to do so. I was smiling when he said this cause I already have a bitchin' Glock 17. And then he drops on me that it must have an external hammer and decocking lever and I was like... NOOOOOOOOO!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif After the initial shock wore off, I realized it was an opportunity to buy a new gun. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anyway, what are your guy's opinions of these models of Sig: 226, 228, and SP2009??? This isn't going to be concealed carry, so I want a fullsize frame / hicap capable gun... I'm thinking 226 right now. Anyone have one of these Sigs wanna offer an opinion on it?

j

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Get a .50 cal Desert Eagle. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif BIG GUN. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

cool job!!! I think any of the Sig's would be fine, would prefer the 45acp or the .40 cal. Ruger also makes one with a decoking/safety lever, it would be a lot cheaper than the Sig, but with an interest free loan, the Sig's the way to go. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Im not sure about those specific models, But I have heard nothing but good when it comes to Sig's.

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

The wifes got a Sig 226 and Ive got a Baretta 92F. I think the Sig sounds like its going to fall apart when I shoot it. Its hard to explain I know its a good gun but it feels cheap. I love my Baretta but that was one of my T/O weapons when I was in so it became my best friend /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Sigs are awsome weapons! I use a H&K USP 9 & 40 soon to get Kimber 1911 Eclipse!
    Bill

7. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Get a .50 cal Desert Eagle. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif BIG GUN. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Naw,go with a 454 Casuall. That will knock the bad guys down.

8. jekbrown

lol 454/.50... not really an option... the gun has to fire .38, 9mm, or .45. There might have been one more caliber in there, but I forget what it was. At any rate, my glock is 9mm, so I'll prolly stick with that caliber (cheaper to go to the range and lots of bullets per mag!). Right now I'm leaning towards the p226. I guess the pro9 doesnt have civy high caps, so its out of the running. I fired a sig (228 i think?) once back when I was in the marines...... gonna have to go to the local in-door range to rent one just to make sure its what I want before I throw down the ca$h. anyway, thanks for the input guys, anyone else? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    lol 454/.50... not really an option... the gun has to fire .38, 9mm, or .45. There might have been one more caliber in there, but I forget what it was. At any rate, my glock is 9mm, so I'll prolly stick with that caliber (cheaper to go to the range and lots of bullets per mag!). Right now I'm leaning towards the p226. I guess the pro9 doesnt have civy high caps, so its out of the running. I fired a sig (228 i think?) once back when I was in the marines...... gonna have to go to the local in-door range to rent one just to make sure its what I want before I throw down the ca$h. anyway, thanks for the input guys, anyone else? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

.40 /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

j

[/ QUOTE ]

.40 /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I used to have a .40 Ruger. They're nice.

11. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok jek how about an full auto Hk 93 with laser sight /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. jekbrown

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

how about a Barret .50? that way, if someone tries an inside job and tries to drive off with the truck, I can just blow the whole truck away with the ol 50 cal. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In all seriousness... purdy sure Im gonna go with one of these...

[​IMG]

I like how the US-made Sigs feature the solid stainless slide (as opposed to the euro-made stamped steel) which is available with that flat black Nitron coating. Not as good as Glock's Tenifer from what I hear, but anything is better than regular bluing or shiny/bling stainless models. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

13. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok jek how about an full auto Hk 93 with laser sight /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif that'll get the job done.

14. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

HK USP ALL THE WAY! 40cal! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Designed for 40 cal, Var 1 is cock&lock or decock&lock
    double spring return (which also means no internal lasers /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif )
    Accessory bars for lights and lasers to clip on similar to the Glocks
    Fullsize 9mm has a 15round hi-cap and you can add on the +2 base, 40 cal is a 12 rounder that can also take a +2 base), you can buy the clear/expert 9mm mags that hold 18 and put a +2 base on also (only adds 1 round to the 18 mag though) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]
    bling model
    [​IMG]

New P2000 series
    [​IMG]

15. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I'm a fan of the Sig 228. I like the feel of it, and if fires nicely.

I am a bigger fan of the H&K USP 45 though. That gun is just perfect for me.

The 228 I shot had a laser, and it was very accurate.

16. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I've never owned one, but people seem to really like the CZ75BD models, they are external hammer and have the decocker (ewwwww) You can get Hi Caps (15 rounds) for them too.

I think the price I found was around $400

Anyway, just a suggestion

[​IMG]

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

18. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Tell you what, I really like CZ. www.cz-usa.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've shot a CZ75b and it was pretty good, balanced with a good feel to it (I think that was first handgun I'd fired). I have most of my friends (ex Sig, ex Glock, Ex smith) migrated over to HK's now /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

im very against sigs... have yet to find one i like. H&K's are to small for my hands. any model 1911 is good to me. lots of mods out there. if you have round spefific limitations an 9MM is in, beretta 98s(i think thats it) has always been good to me. lots of mods for them as well.

personaly im a 454 casual guy, and a 45ACP guy. i like 38 special as well, but i have yet to see a semi auto or more than 6 shots on a 38 special.

Grant

20. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

I currently own a sig 220 45 and a sig 226 9mm. I have also owned a sig 229 both the 229 and 226 in 9mm. All are great guns I have never had a failure to feed or jamming problems. The 226 for me has a nice grip and is a nice service hand gun. Hi cap mags are fairly cheap. I have seen them for as little as 35 for 15 rounders. I also recommend the sig 228. It is a great compact and is not as top heavy as the 229. You can also get hi caps for as little as 45 for 13 round mags. And if you want to increase your mag capacity 2 more rounds for the 226 or 228 & 229 in 9mm change out your preban follower with a post ban follower and that will give you the 2 extra rounds. I assume you are going to be using a 9mm. Both sig 226 and 229 are offered in 357 sig and 40 s&w also. I would stay away from the sp2009 it is cheaper due to the polymer frame. But it is harder to field strip and there are no hi caps for it. Hope this helps I recommend you try www.sigforum.com they have some great info.