Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holy Crap

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Jan 30, 2004.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Just called the realtor and made an offer on a house we've been looking at. Looks like we're going to get it. They're giving us 12K on closing to go toward a kitchen remodel and a tad bit of work in the garage. I just went by there to measure the garage to get an idea of where stuff will fit. Not only is it a respectable 22x24, but I looked at the electrics and it's already wired on a seperate panel for 110 with 4 outlets on each wall and 220 just inside the door. Damn I'm stoked!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Congrats man...............looks like you're staying in Illinoise. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yup...for 4 or 5 years anyway. I'll want to get back down to Tejas eventually, but Michelle is going to go to grad school here, and I'm going to the fire academy next year. Plus we both have good jobs we like and are developing some great friends. We really miss our families and sunshine, and warm weather, but this is Right for now.

Bryan

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif maybe some day ill get a house /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Congrats Bryan! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Welcome to home ownership.....just think, when the furnace quits in January when it is 10 below, you get to fix it.....no calling the landlord! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yup...for 4 or 5 years anyway. I'll want to get back down to Tejas eventually, but Michelle is going to go to grad school here, and I'm going to the fire academy next year. Plus we both have good jobs we like and are developing some great friends. We really miss our families and sunshine, and warm weather, but this is Right for now.

Bryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on Brian. Batavia is a NICE area. Buddy of mine that worked for me here in Portland years ago moved with me to Pa, then moved to our plant in Batavia (Portola Packaging) as their Operations Manager when I moved back here to Oregon. Visit there all the time, almost got talked into moving there last year..........almost. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Home ownership is great, especially at tax time. Next year you'll love the IRS........... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Sounds great. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Hope yours goes better than mine has been. So this spring we should all plan on a garage party?

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

We actually are going to be in North Aurora, which is between Batavia and Aurora, population 11,000. It's a nice little town, and quite a bit cheaper than Batavia without being gang riddled like Aurora. Plus, they're building a lot of new stuff around there.

Next time you're up this way, you'd better look me up too. Portola packaging is right across the street from our plant, Shaped Wire!

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Late spring, early summer, I'll throw a CK5 bash...I promise. After I get all the remodeling done. Or hmmmmm....maybe during? Will work for beer???? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

spend 2k on the truck and the rest on the house. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif you won't leave the mid west, as much as i hate it there are cool people here.i have family in OK,moore OK that is, tornado country, ya'll come back now. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Congradulations on fulfilling the American Dream! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

You da man Bryan! Glad I don't have to ship you off anytime soon! Guess what though man... I SUCK at house improvements... so as much help as I might be with your truck... I'm completely out of my element with a remodeling project. Can't wait to get over there and check it out!

Congrats!

-Dan

14. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We actually are going to be in North Aurora, which is between Batavia and Aurora, population 11,000. It's a nice little town, and quite a bit cheaper than Batavia without being gang riddled like Aurora. Plus, they're building a lot of new stuff around there.

Next time you're up this way, you'd better look me up too. Portola packaging is right across the street from our plant, Shaped Wire!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's a small world. I'll check with my bud on the Shaped Wire name.........he too lives in the good part of Aurora on Oakdale Court. Anyway, I will definitely let ya know when I'm around, love to meet another 'oldtimer' from the early days of CK5. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif