Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Holy freaking gosh! I had a bomb dropped on me!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Apr 3, 2004.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Tonight I went to eat with my mom. My family has never been one who talks. Like if something happens, we know it happened but we don't talk about it. Like when I was 5, my dad died, we all know it but it's never spoke about.... dunno why, but it's just like that....

Anyhow, we were sitting outside eating (Quizno's, cuz they have a pepper bar) and talking and finished up and got in the car. I was like dang, I shouldn't have eaten that. I can already feel it doing stuff to me. I said man, I swear I have Grandma's bad stomach (she has like the worst case IBS I have ever seen in a person and everything upset her stomach).

My mom just looked at me real funny and said, that's not possible you realize? I was like huh? She says, you know that right? I was like know what, wtf? She said it's not possible for you to have her bad stomach. I was way confussed at this point. My mom was all you don't know? I'm thinking what, I wasn't born with a stomach and have a bionic one? She started to scare me crapless being all weird....

Then she says you realize Grandma wasn't really your biological Grandma right?! I'm like ha ha mom April Fools was yesterday. Then she says no really, it's true. My Grandma isn't my real Grandma, and the person who I always thought of as my Grandpa is my Uncle. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

When my mom was like 2, her mom, my Grandpa's sister couldn't take care of her anymore. My Grandpa married my Grandma at this point and they couldn't have kids so they took my mom and raised her as their own. My mom knew this, my Grandparents knew this, my dad knew this, some of my older relatives knew this.... apparently half the state of California knew this, but not me! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I'm not mad at my mom. They probably told me and I never got it (as in sunk in, and they left it alone after that). I dunno, it's way weird. It doesn't change how I feel about my Grandparents or anything. It's just, my mom has a whole other "mom" I know nothing about. I have a whole set of family I know nothing about. My mom said she had two older brothers that she knows of....

I'm wondering if I should look em up and the other parts? I dunno if I would even contact them, just see if they are around still and where they are and maybe find out about them some? I dunno if that is a can of worms I want to open. I can see them turning out of to be people maybe I should have left alone. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Just wondering if anyone has ever had something like just surprise them? Like I said I'm not mad. I'm kinda shocked. But I have a whole set of "Jerry Spinger" family members who I know and never see cuz they are full on crazy, so for me to not know "family" isn't huge. I have friends I consider more family, so it's not about blood. Anyhow.... this is just really weird.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I have friends I consider more family, so it's not about blood.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had this circumstance, but I know about loving someone as family. My parents have split and remarried. My fathers wife had a 2 year old named Brandon. I watched him go from a funny looking little boy when I was 18 to a cool teenager. Whether we are blood or not doesn't really cross our minds. As far as I am concerned he is my brother and I love him. So even though you feel the bomb was dropped on you , that was your Grandma. Just remember whatever good times you had and don't let it bother you. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I didn't comprehend all the family back and forthings to how it happened, but, as I think you have realized, family is not bound to blood.

I thought it was going to the fact that she died, so in the end, you still have the cars, they're just a different suit.

Ok that was a wierd metaphor

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Hey, you turned out awesome. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Dont worry, go win the lotto, and all those mysterious unknown uncles, aunts, what ever other jerry springer type folks will all come out of the woodwork.

And remember,when you win.. im your long lost uncles fathers' sisters twin brothers nephew's roomate. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

"(Quizno's, cuz they have a pepper bar)"

WHAT IS A PEPPER BAR

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "(Quizno's, cuz they have a pepper bar)"

WHAT IS A PEPPER BAR

[/ QUOTE ]

You never saw that commercial? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I can't explain it then. It's me being a dork in the midst of everything...

Anyhow, it doesn't change anything I found out. It's just weird. Wish I was clued in sooner. Only cuz like last night I was like wtf, apparently a lot of people knew but me. It was awkward to think that I was cluelss is all...

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Kinda really sucks to be the last to know the dirty laundry list and skeletons in the closet!
    Bill

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hey I never knew about the transvestite that comes to eat everyday at my restreraunt for a while. When they get that old though, it's hard to tell the "man" drinking coffee is named Rosey

9. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

When I was 27, my half brother "found" my family. As it turns out, my father and a girl he went to highschool with made an unexpected child while he was still in the Navy. Corey was adopted out at birth and my father was never told he even existed until he came knocking on our door. It all turned out very well, as we have a super strong and loving family. But it was very weird as well. Things are just what they are. Look for the best in all things and you will probably find it. Just my .02.
    T-roy

10. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Pepper bar, its like the roy rogers fixin bar for your burgers, except at quisnos, they have different peppers, jalepeno's and other more tasty things than lettuce and pickles.