Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

holy kite batman!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DUKE, Apr 2, 2003.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

i was driving this afternoon and wham it feel like i got DW im all over my lane. turns out its just wind ass hell, steady at 30 with gust up to 50. when i turned into the head wind it felt like i was towing a semi up hill!

geese never exsperianced that

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

But geese are also dirty bastards that like to stalk me at work. I wish they got the death wobble!

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    [ QUOTE ]
    But geese are also dirty bastards that like to stalk me at work. I wish they got the death wobble!

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?......the more I read it, the funnier it get's! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I don't know. There's this damn goose that has it out for me at work. He likes to hide and pop out when I come by. Sometimes he hides under my truck and even landed on it once. I'll get a picture of the dirty bastard one of these days. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

got to love the geese.... anyway yeah K5s are big old kits really. It always catches me by surprise when I am driving down the road on a windy day and then the trees break and there is an open field, bam instant cross wind and I am sent into the other lane or towards the ditch. On a windy day by the time I get where I am going and back my wrist hurts(drive one handed).

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But geese are also dirty bastards

[/ QUOTE ]
    AMEN to that brother!

7. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    by the time I get where I am going and back my wrist hurts(drive one handed).

[/ QUOTE ] ........dude to much info /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol!!!! one-handed driving is much less suspicious than one-handed typing... or left-handed mouse-use. LOL!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I should add the fact that my K5 has an SM465 so my other hand is always on the gear shifter.... hmm somehow that didn't sound any better.

10. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

cut your losses and quit talking! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Man my luv (even though its a little bugger) gets pushed around in the wind alot. it dont take much to push 2600lbs and it has manual steering wich makes long trips in wond vary interesting. My moms TJ dosent even catch wind as bad as the luv. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

couple weeks ago here it got like that and i could hardly keep my truck in the lane lol..

12. yellowK20

[ QUOTE ]
    so my other hand is always on the gear shifter.... hmm

[/ QUOTE ] It's all right man we understand /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. yellowK20

I know what you guys mean The wind in new mexico will make you do the lane swappy thing ......... You Know wy New Mexico is so windy ???..........cuz Texas sucks and Arizona Blows /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

You guys think driving a K5 in a cross wind is bad, try it in a Suburban!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Nothing like cranking the wheel 45 degrees into the wind to stay straight on the road /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif